PDA

View Full Version : estate sale find!!!!(buffalo bills related)

gobills123
07-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Wandered into an estate sale, and among the game used bats, balls, gloves, and hockey jerseys were these two bad boys!! I had a Reich I traded, and never thought Id find another but today was my lucky day!! $50 each and both show use and have a letter from the Bills as being game worn!!!

jbean023
07-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Could you message me please

gobills123
07-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Im not sure how, but I can email you, or vice versa. Andrew.hasseler@gmail.com

ferro39
07-26-2014, 03:28 PM
amazing finds!

gobills123
07-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks! They had a ton of Sabres auto jerseys, but none were gamers. I could have spent a fortune. My favorite was a mcgwire uncracked oakland bat, but didnt have the $400 they were asking.

vince182
07-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Just curious, how do you come across estate sales that don't just have everyday house goods?

I NEVER see gu at these things?

gobills123
07-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Usually, they are advertised but ones with sports stuff seem to be few and far between. I just stumbled across this one as it wasn't advertised. Just out enjoying the day with the girl friend in the city with a few hours to kill. We had stopped at a few garage sales and just saw the sign for this and followed it. This particular one didnt really even have any home goods. Just every room was full of sports or music memoribilia. They were asking $500 (and then 50%off) for a Bob Dylan framed autod/used harmonica w/loa. Nice stuff, just didnt have the cash to splurge. Luckily, the two things I really wanted (jerseys) were $100 and half off so it was kinda a no brainer. Thrift shops in the Buffalo area have been kind as well. In the past two years ive found 4-5 newer Bills gamers. All scrubs, but for less than ten bucks, you cant go wrong. Just this week I picked up a 2004 UB Bulls football gamer for $2.99. Its not like I stake the places out either. If I happen to have time ill stop and every once in a while get lucky!!! The thrill of the hunt I suppose :-)

ferro39
07-26-2014, 05:37 PM
estate sales on long island are awful. they're crawling with pros and the people who run them ask retail + for anything worth a little bit of money...then if you try to negotiate, they get all uppity and whip out the "they're 'selling' for more online," line.

what's the wear like on them? any repairs?

Wrigley2010
07-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Fantastic finds! Would have loved to have bought that Dylan harmonica :D

gobills123
07-26-2014, 06:44 PM
No repairs, just dirt and scuffs, which is actually my perference. I may be in the minority, but I actually get more excited if its a gamer that has minimal wear than if its hammered. They both have hand written numbers on interior tag. Talley has had the champion logos cutom moved for whatever reason. The only thing that sucks with that is starting in 94, you could buy the team issued bills jerseys from the Bills store, but it was only big name guys. But, for Kelly, Bruce and Thomas for example you can tell what is game issued/used vs retail authentic by size, nameplate legenth and sleeve cut. The Bruces for example that came from the team store wont have the cuffed sleeves which should be a dead giveaway that its not a gamer. The Kellys are harder, so you need to pay attention to the correct size (42/44) and name plate legenth (gamer Kellys namplate is only as long as his name for his 91-96). Even if they were just retail authentic, for $50 each I still would have been excited and scooped em!! The owner didnt pass, he was just moving. Apparently, his father was the pastor or reverend in the Bills locker room during the Bills heyday, so that may be why Reich signed "god bless" but I know he's religious himself, so who knows. He was just having the sale to scale down for the move and whatever didnt sell he was going to keep and take with him.

gobills123
07-27-2014, 03:07 PM
I tried to pm you as I finally figured it out, but it said you were not accepting pms..

Roady
07-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Rick from Pawn Stars: "Yeah, but I have to re-sell it and it may take me a year to do it. Look the market is soft right now. I'll give you $50 for it and not a penny more." ;)

gobills123
07-28-2014, 01:59 PM
They came down ten bucks :-) but, that was if I bought the pair and it was at their offer. I now know to get contact info for you folks next time so the wealth can be shared!!