Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildjimmy
    • Nov 2013

2014 Hall of Fame Trip

We arrived in Cooperstown this morning. It was crazy, got to meet a lot of Hall of Famers and other baseball notables, saw the award ceremony for broadcasters and writers and heading to the induction ceremony tomorrow. Here are a few of the highlights, will try to post more later.

Hanging with Goose Gossage

Andre Dawson

Robin Yount

Rickey Henderson

Rollie Fingers
  • wildjimmy
    • Nov 2013

Re: 2014 Hall of Fame Trip

Ozzie Smith

Juan Marichal

Frank Robinson

Darryl Strawberry

Comment

• emann
      • Nov 2008

I made it to a couple induction ceremonies and have been planning on when to go back... I'd be interested to see some pics (or a description) of the crowd/town if you have any. Looks like fun so far!

Comment

• ironmanfan
        • Sep 2005

Great photos....I heard that they are expecting close to 100,000 people there this weekend.

Comment

• Juan Gris
          • Jul 2013

Thanks for sharing those pictures! More than half of those guys got me into collecting cards and then into this wonderful hobby.

Comment

• wildjimmy
            • Nov 2013

Unfortunately all of the guys are under contract from one of the stores downtown. The cheapest auto was Gaylord Perry and I think Rickey and Reggie were over 100. I got Ozzie on a HOF ball for 45. Some of the players asked for a small donation for a pic and others I bumped into on the street.
            Emann- it was pretty crowded walking down Main Street. John smoltz had the longest line. I posted one pic at the end of this group for you. The parade started at 6 and both sides of the street were at least 5 people deep and jammed down by the end of the route in front of the hall. Today is going to be nuts, we put out a blanket and chairs last night, hoping they are still there today.
            A few more pics...
            Fergie Jenkins

Leo Mazzone

Frank Howard

John Rocker ( you could buy a 5 dollar raffle ticket, if you won, 10 of your friends got to go out drinking with John, I was tempted )

Ryan Klesko

Street pic:

Comment

Working...