PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cavalier promoted to VP of consignments of Goldin Auctions.

KGoldin
07-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Please join me in congratulating Chris. See below.
In addition, I am sure Chris will have some news regarding this site shortly as I have requested that he step down as administrator of GUU to devote his full time to Goldin Auctions and find a replacement for that position. I expect to hear from him shortly on that subject.

WEST BERLIN, NJ - JULY 29, 2013 - One of the industry's most respected experts of game used memorabilia and a member of the Goldin Auctions team since February, 2013, Chris Cavalier has been promoted to the position of Vice President of Consignments, http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs178/1102782898788/img/378.jpgGoldin Auctions. The announcement was made today by Ken Goldin, Founder of Goldin Auctions.
"Chris has great relationships with athletes, teams and long-time collectors that make him a valuable part of our team," said Goldin. "This promotion is in recognition of the great work Chris has done for us as consignment director and the expanded role he will play in the future."
A Magna Cum Laude graduate of Georgetown University, Chris began working in the sports memorabilia business nearly 20 years ago. In 2005, he created Game Used Universe which quickly became the largest and most significant internet community of game used collectors and dealers. Over the past two decades, he has developed solid relationships and conducted private sales directly with many notable athletes.
"I have loved every minute of my time with Goldin Auctions these past 18-months, explained Cavalier. "The Babe Ruth 100th Anniversary was one of the more spectacular auctions I have ever been associated with and I look forward to helping Goldin Auctions bring more events like this to the hobby. I thank Ken for the trust he has placed in me and look forward to an exciting future together."
Cavlier, who is currently representing Goldin Auctions at the National Sports Collector's Convention in Cleveland (Booth #443) is accepting consignments through August 4th for items needing authentication, and August 11th for items already authenticated, for its 2014 October Legends Auction. The company is specifically seeking items celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Baseball Hall of Fame, memorabilia from all Hall of Famers, and items from the career of Derek Jeter. In addition, demand is high for pre-1980 game used equipment; pre-1960 vintage baseball cards; championship rings; single signed baseballs of deceased hall of famers; high-quality complete sets of cards; game-used items of Rivera, Harper, Trout, & Puig; Trophies and awards; all 19th century baseball collectibles.To consign an item, visit www.GoldinAuctions.com (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001PG30VhlV--NnsaiQPk-AZOie2ebyaoNntPK80yTvRusyoIUNRdFHB4hUqb_XK45IJ8b2_ E9TqRGVM1bOgW4DnbsU9zVYdF9v3-po-Iqlx5_4XvBy-UFKrcnTXlkDgmRwhQXRPARokftYNQy1tSCHdM7FadPP5KBhQUR UpeIDmbOuFUL3z4qEFw==&c=kmiTGlqIrBEgUSwLGiK6thKXtC9PFBLvZEijWBKBsACn1Kgx FxXKMw==&ch=9An6H7ewGP5lHorV-Ok1W0MIWnp51b-qYDBb8F2EKcuuOzi_NJ6wwg==).
http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs178/1102782898788/img/379.jpg

About Goldin Auctions

Sports memorabilia impresario KenGoldin has sold more than $600 million in memorabilia from many of the biggestnames in sports, history and pop culture and was the pioneer of using themedium of television to sell sports memorabilia. Recently, Goldin Auctions solda Honus Wagner T206 card for a public sale record $2.1 million and madeheadlines when it sold six rare Kobe Bryant items for an astonishing $433,000.This summer it celebrated the 100th Anniversary of Babe Ruth's MLBdebut with the largest auction of Ruth memorabilia ever assembled. GoldinAuctions strives to break new ground and offer collectors the best incollectible treasures up for auction in the marketplace. All game worn orautographed items come with team, player, league or additional LOA fromindustry leading authenticators; and collectors can bid with confidence thattheir proxy/ceiling bids remain confidential. All prices above include thebuyer's premium. For more information, visit www.goldinauctions.com (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001PG30VhlV--NnsaiQPk-AZOie2ebyaoNntPK80yTvRusyoIUNRdFHB4hUqb_XK45IJ8b2_ E9TqRGVM1bOgW4DnbsU9zVYdF9v3-po-Iqlx5_4XvBy-UFKrcnTXlkDgmRwhQXRPARokftYNQy1tSCHdM7FadPP5KBhQUR UpeIDmbOuFUL3z4qEFw==&c=kmiTGlqIrBEgUSwLGiK6thKXtC9PFBLvZEijWBKBsACn1Kgx FxXKMw==&ch=9An6H7ewGP5lHorV-Ok1W0MIWnp51b-qYDBb8F2EKcuuOzi_NJ6wwg==).

danesei@yahoo.com
07-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Congratulations Chris on your appointment. :)

yankees159
07-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Congrats Chris, it's good to see good things happen to good people.

Juan Gris
07-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Congratulations, Chris! You certainly deserve this good news. I look forward to reading about new GUU changes and possibly meeting you at the National in Cleveland this week.

3arod13
07-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Congrats Chiis! Good luck and thanks for all your efforts with GUU!

misteremu
07-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Congrats Chris! Now we get a free imported beer instead of domestic....

ChrisCavalier
07-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

First of all, thank you for all the positive sentiments. It is truly appreciated. In addition, two things:

1) I feel extremely honored to be asked to help Goldin Auctions on its path to becoming what I believe will be one of, if not THE, biggest players in the sports memorabilia industry. Ironically, I remember watching Ken and his Father build Scoreboard back in the late 1980s and early 1990s and I am somewhat humbled to be working with someone as skilled and driven as Ken. While I never questioned Ken's genius, I am equally impressed with his commitment to ethics as well as his work ethic which would be hard for me to imagine anyone surpassing. Again, it will be an honor to continue working with Ken and the others involved with Goldin Auctions.

2) As per Ken's request, I will be relinquishing my role as an administrator of GUU. We will be announcing something more formal soon in this regard. However, as I am sure many of you can imagine, my removing myself from an administrative role will absolutely NOT affect my being part of this community or my desire to help and serve the members on this site. In fact, as many of you have already experienced, I will always try to assist you in whatever way I can.

Thank you all again for your sentiments and I look forward to continuing to help make the game used memorabilia space one that people can enjoy in a safe and protective environment.

Sincerely,
Chris

Eric
07-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Congrats Chris. Well done and well deserved.
Eric

sox83cubs84
07-29-2014, 10:47 PM
Hey, Chris...maybe I'll see you on my next trip there! Congratulations!

Dave Miedema

Phil316
07-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Congrats Chris.

rjdgonebats
08-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Congrats, Chris,you richly deserve it. Hope you do very well. All the best,

Ray

tom1315
08-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Chris, indeed congratulations! All the best and we'll continue to look forward to amazing and one-of-a-kind offerings in the Goldin Auctions events.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

travrosty
08-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Congratulations, Chris!!! Keep up the great work!

Juan Gris
08-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Chris, thanks for giving me 10 minutes of your time at the National on Saturday. It was a pleasure getting to know the man behind this wonderful site. I was the gentleman in the Reds Adam Dunn jersey. :D

-Jon

anthony3133
08-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Congrats Chris -
You'll be fantastic in your new role. I've always appreciated your time and your genuine concern during our interactions. We all owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude for what you have done for the sports collecting community.
Best of luck and kind regards,
Anthony

esquiresports
08-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Congratulations to one of the true good guys in the hobby/business.

helf35
08-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Congrats Chris!

ChrisCavalier
08-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to thank you everyone again for all the kind words. The more I live the more I try to but into practice the advice offered by the master that, "…whoever desires to be great among you, let him be your servant."

It was really great meeting some of you in Cleveland and, as I have said before, if there is anything I can do to help anyone, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Chris

helf35
08-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Chris if you get a chance could you please send me an email. I have a question about possibly sending something in for the latest auction. Thanks.