PDA

View Full Version : Old MLB Authentication Numbers from 02-06, the Deloitte & Touche Era

lengthwise1
08-06-2014, 10:52 AM
I have a Todd Helton BP jersey from 02 AS Game in Milwaukee that was either worn during BP or is the extra issued jersey that was signed for B.A.T.

With that said, my hologram doesn't pull in the database and when I inquired with MLB Authentication, I got this response.

"Thanks for the e-mail. The MT hologram is from Deloitte & Touche. From May 2002 through January 2006, the firm of Deloitte & Touche was the exclusive third-party Authenticator for all items under the MLB Authentication Program. As Authenticator, Deloitte was solely responsible for all authentication and data entry of the hologram numbers placed on autographed items and game-used memorabilia. Unfortunately, MLB has no direct access to this data. We are currently working on a resolution and we will let you know as soon as we have one. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with."

Has anyone run into this before? I'd really like to understand what it is I exactly own and MLB seems to have no proper recourse around the state of their program for 5 years.

Hoosier39
08-06-2014, 06:39 PM
I would like to know this too. I have a bat that has the MT number but part of it has rubbed off. Anyone know who to contact to try and get info?

coxfan
08-08-2014, 09:08 AM
I bought two game-used items from the Rangers in April 2006 that were from May 21, 2003 and May 21, 2004. Their holograms are: MR249654(ball) and MT00425623 (base). Both are in the MLB database.

Both say "Authenticators, Inc." But I recall that they were originally Deloitte and Touché before somebody changed the entries later to "Authenticators, Inc."I'm going on memory here because I didn't print out the original holograms.

So I don't know what's going on with this whole situation. If anybody has an idea, it would be helpful.

mrozie21
07-31-2017, 04:01 PM
Just curious if you got any resolution, I have a similar issue.