PDA

View Full Version : Best surprise you've had on MLB Authenticated ball/bat/jersey

sox83cubs84
08-09-2014, 09:36 PM
MLB Authentication varies in terms of depth based on the authenticator and team. This thread i for item OK'd by MLBA...game-used baseballs, bats and/or jerseys...where box score research, photomatching, or other types of investigating that uncovered initial information that is not mentioned in the MLB Authentication.

In my case, the best I can think of was buying a ball from a Braves game on eBay that turned out to be used in the first career save game of Braves closer Craig Kimbrel.

I'm looking to hear YOUR tales of delightful surprises.

Dave Miedema

rudyjj18
08-09-2014, 10:02 PM
I bought a Braun GU bat from his MVP year in 2011. Mlb authenticated. Turns out, he got his 100th RBI of that year on the play in which he cracked it. Mlb had only authenticated it as a game used bat but no mention of that milestone. Not sure that the bat is worth much more because of that, but it was a nice surprise.

cfern023
08-09-2014, 10:16 PM
Not exactly MLB authenticated but team authenticated.

Found out with photomatching my 2011 helmet is actually his 2010 rookie helmet used all year.

rdeversole
08-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Picked up a 2010 Votto bat during his MVP season and when I got home I looked it up and it was authenticated to a Home Run he hit at a previous game I had attended.