PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Lott Game Used Jersey?

jesusraiderscollector2197
08-11-2014, 12:41 PM
could this be the real deal ronnie lott jets game used jersey, everything looks just about right lott wore size 48 and sometimes 50 for the jets, any thoughts?

http://milehighcardco.com/1993-Ronnie-Lott-New-York-Jets-Game-Used-Jersey-LOT35977.aspx

08-11-2014, 12:43 PM
sorry wrong full size picture that is a 1994 lott jets jersey this here is the one in the auction

volunteer
08-11-2014, 01:26 PM
No, in 1993 the Jets wore a shoulder patch that said Jets.

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/mobile/lotdetail.aspx?inventoryid=14419

Phil316
08-11-2014, 03:04 PM
I agree that it was not game used in 1993. Infact the inscription on the jersey reads "To Alan, my game jersey. All the best". It mentions nothing of being game used/worn just that it is his game jersey. From the pictures the jersey lacks wear as well. Just another dud from MileHighCardCo.

gobills123
08-11-2014, 03:29 PM
jeesh.... That Kelly gamer in the same auction is gross. Considering that the nfl shield wasnt placed on until 91, Kelly usually wore 42/44 (99% of Kelly gamers I've ever seen are double tagged) and he ALWAYS had a name plate while the retail authentics that he gave away after his weekly tv show (which were autographed like that) and could be purchased at the bills store didnt always have one, I'm botherd that someone is about to fork over $900 for a jersey thats probably just been tailgated in for 20 yrs and has chili stains on it. Good god!!!!!

08-11-2014, 07:23 PM
i agree with everybody didn't catch that at all, in this milehighcardco auction there are many duds however there are also many gems, if an item comes with just a COA from them milehigh then most likely the item cannot be trusted but if it comes with mears COA or heritage COA it can be trusted. What do you guys think of the items in auction which ones do you believe are authentic and can be worth bidding on?

volunteer
08-11-2014, 10:11 PM
i agree with everybody didn't catch that at all, in this milehighcardco auction there are many duds however there are also many gems, if an item comes with just a COA from them milehigh then most likely the item cannot be trusted but if it comes with mears COA or heritage COA it can be trusted. What do you guys think of the items in auction which ones do you believe are authentic and can be worth bidding on?

I would be skeptical of anything that you can't photo match.

08-12-2014, 02:08 AM
yeah i've manage to photomatch the tomlinson jets jersey, the rod woodson steelers looks good too, all of the COA's that come from grey flannel aren't all bad, they are one of the best in the business but they tend to sometime just put any item out there as game used that is why one needs to keep and eye out and do their homework on a specific item

gobills123
08-12-2014, 09:47 PM
So, why would people bid on a dud, and is there anything they can do about it? How can they get away with selling some if these (I can only speak to the kelly w certainty) are bogus?

gobills123
08-13-2014, 10:11 AM
well, I got an email back saying they were pulling the Kelly so at least someone is saved $900 worth of disappointment!!!