PDA

View Full Version : Inscription Advice

helf35
08-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Im going to the Chris Sale signing and I am looking for some suggestions or advice on some of my items. Also looking to see some examples of signitures on military jerseys. Im assuming silver would be my best bet, wondering if the black would look better on those.

1. 2014 all star jersey I was looking to get 2014 All Star Game Used or a 3X all star inscription.

2. 2012 Jackie Robinson Jersey I was looking to get a partial stat line since he didnt have a great game. I thought either 4/15/12 game used 5k's or Game used JR Day 4/15/12

3. 2013 Military appreciation day @ Angels. He didnt pitch that day but was going to get 5/18/2014 Game Used or just get a signiture with no inscription since he didnt pitch.

Any thoughts or other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rdeversole
08-12-2014, 10:34 AM
On #2 &3 if it's an additional cost I would not get an inscription - just his signature. Having him write Jackie robinson day with the #42 on the jersey seems redundant.

Chess2899
08-12-2014, 10:37 AM
I agree with above. No need for inscriptions on #2 or #3

Juan Gris
08-12-2014, 10:47 AM
For the All Star jersey I would go with the "2014 All Star Game Used" inscription over the "3X All Star" as he will likely be playing in more All Star games and his total number would change.

yankees506
08-12-2014, 12:02 PM
1. I'd go with 2014 all star game used 3rd AS game......... If that was possible that way if he goes to more all star games it just states it was his third one.

2. I'd go with the jr day game used so that when people see the jersey they know it was game used on that special day and not just a random #42 jersey.

3. If he didn't pitch just go with "worn" or something to that extent. I wouldn't go with game used.

twarman17
08-12-2014, 06:59 PM
For the All Star jersey I would go with the "2014 All Star Game Used" inscription over the "3X All Star" as he will likely be playing in more All Star games and his total number would change.

Agree with this completely, would do "2014 ASG Used". For the others, I would just go with dates - "Game Used xx/xx/xxxx".

I strongly recommend writing out what you want on a piece of paper with the locations on sample numbers, and then hand him the paper before the jersey. I have done this and it worked out great. You don't want him having to cross back over parts already signed and risk smearing. If he sees it on paper before he will sign it correctly on first pass.

helf35
08-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks all for the info and advice. Anyone have a military jersey that was signed? The jersey is from 2013 so the camo is on the number. I think black might look the best im not sure how the silver will turn out on it. Anyone have an example?

dplettn
08-13-2014, 08:33 AM
I share your general taste for inscriptions and particularly like to have the inscriptions only highlight what is unique and/or not already apparent in looking at the item absent an inscription. Each of your items are already uniquely presented (they don't look like standard jerseys. So it may be appropriate to consider what is NOT redundant from simply looking at the jersey.

For the JR and Military jerseys, you might consider an inscription that describes the essence of what it means to wear that jersey (to the player). But that is hard to do if the event may not mean as much to the player as to you. If the player shares your enthusiasm, an inscription like:

"Thanks Jackie for making the game our game"

There are lots of similar ways to express meaning honoring the Military and why the shirt is worn.

As for the ASG, if your jersey happens not to be a BP jersey rather an actual game jersey, I'd note the date of the game to differentiate it.

Sioux4Ever
08-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Go with black. I had one of the Twins ones and had it signed in black. It looked really nice and bold!!! Ultimately it's up to you though