PDA

View Full Version : If You Had To Sell Your Entire Collection, But Could Only Keep One Piece, What Would It Be And Why?

3arod13
08-13-2014, 04:19 AM
It’s a struggle between two bats. I guess mine would have to be Alex Rodriguez’s 1st Career Grand Slam Bat PSA GU 9.5 (also career HR #8). I like it because it shows alot of use and it’s an early Arod game used HR bat. Arod owns the all-time grand slam record with 24, which was previously held by Lou Gehrig for 75 years. Next active player behind him is Ryan Howard with 13. The only other HR bat that would have more significance to me would be his 1st Career HR bat.

The 2009 bat Arod gave me from his only World Series Championship season, would be difficult to let go though, so I might have to cheat and hide this one. :)

danesei@yahoo.com
08-13-2014, 04:46 AM
Mine would be a pair of Larry Walker's cleats from the 2004 NLDS. I think all my other stuff could be replaced eventually, but that one might be tough.

I always viewed it as the 10th anniversary of the Expos having their chance at the WS denied by the player strike. So, if the Expos had made the WS that season, I would have tried for something from 1994, but they didn't, so I went with the next best thing. If I had it, I would say the Rockies turn forward the clock jersey, but I don't... and I doubt I'll ever own that.

dangerzone79
08-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Mine would be Pedro Martinez glove he wore during his 1999 & 2000 seasons in which he won back-to-back Cy Young's. It also means a lot because Pedro was king when I was growing up around Boston & really getting into baseball. Considered by many experts as the 2 best pitching seasons a player had ever had, it's a pretty special piece for me.

seanbaseball
08-13-2014, 08:06 AM
16x20 autographed photo of mickey mantle that I got with my dad in person in 1990 that has now been passed on to my 16 year old son. Wait so it his now so I should get another pick? If so then my 1957 stan musial gamer

xsentrixsupra
08-13-2014, 10:26 AM
I have a Ronnie Lott jersey that he gave me and my grandma when I was a kid. She used to work a lot of charities with the Dodgers/49ers and at 1 banquet I went with her, he was there and gave it to me. It's funny because at the time I was thinking to myself "Man, he has money he could have given me a new jersey" haha. I've told that story to a few GUU members now. I have it somewhere at my mom's house as I didn't take it when I moved away to college, but that piece will always be special to me.

Now if we are altering the rules a teeeeeeny bit to pieces that you can actually see in your field of vision right now, I'd say the Kobe jersey that hangs in my office I'd probably keep :D

esquiresports
08-13-2014, 03:27 PM
16x20 autographed photo of mickey mantle that I got with my dad in person in 1990 that has now been passed on to my 16 year old son. Wait so it his now so I should get another pick? If so then my 1957 stan musial gamer

Nice Musial! Did you pick that up at Legendary's National auction?

seanbaseball
08-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Nope. bought several years ago from a collector/dealer

OhioDawg
08-13-2014, 03:57 PM
This probably wouldn't be a big deal to anyone except a fellow Georgia Bulldogs fan, but I would have to say my autographed David Greene jersey. He played QB for Georgia and was my favorite player when I was a young teenager and really growing to love college football. My parents bought me his jersey one year for my birthday and about a decade later I took it with me to the SEC Championship Game knowing he was going to be there and thinking there may be an opportunity to get it autographed. It just so happened that there was, and I got to meet him and finally get it autographed. It now hangs framed in my man room.

momen55
08-13-2014, 06:48 PM
my clemente gamer from 1960. and after having met the family and been close for the past 20 plus years, it's even more special.

mmonte4
08-13-2014, 06:57 PM
A little background....

Mickey Mantle, when batting left-handed was timed running from home-plate to first base in 3.1 seconds (the fastest time of any player in history).

Mick loved this photo so much that he took it upon himself to inscribe "3.1 to first". Got this one done in-person and even have a photograph of Mantle holding up the photo for the camera before he signed.

Never seen another....

sportsnbikes
08-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Mine would be Salvador Perez first and so far his only game winning walk off home run bat.

yankees506
08-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Simple my 1939 babe ruth inscribed fan letter. Very rare and hard to find a legit babe ruth inscription, that one will be with me until the day no one remembers my name.

3arod13
08-14-2014, 08:00 AM
Simple my 1939 babe ruth inscribed fan letter. Very rare and hard to find a legit babe ruth inscription, that one will be with me until the day no one remembers my name.

Can you post a pic? I would love to see it! One day, I hope to own a Babe Ruth signature. My problem is, I want a nice, dark bold signature, which would cost big $$

ShaimOnYou
08-14-2014, 10:15 AM
I would keep this:

3arod13
08-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I would keep this:

Wow!

ShaimOnYou
08-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Wow!

Yep, it's a keeper.

If only it were that big. :)

yankees506
08-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Can you post a pic? I would love to see it! One day, I hope to own a Babe Ruth signature. My problem is, I want a nice, dark bold signature, which would cost big $$

Tony my iPad takes pictures that are too big to post. I'll try and get some up so you can see ASAP!

3arod13
08-15-2014, 03:56 AM
Tony my iPad takes pictures that are too big to post. I'll try and get some up so you can see ASAP!

Ok, thanks!

Sportskansascity
08-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Would definitely have to keep this jersey. My favorite thing in my collection by far.

CPuente57
08-15-2014, 09:11 PM
That's a tough question..it'd be between my Peterson gamer and Durant Gamer..I think because basketball is my first love I'd go with my Durant, plus he scored 38 points in the game he used it in.