PDA

View Full Version : Celebz Direct & Hgpdiamond Questionable business practices

tella27
08-17-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm sure a lot of people on here have seen Celebzdirect pushing their "game used" items on eBay. Some might have noticed that Hgpdiamond on eBay is Celebzdirect business partner or "sister company" as they call it. What most don't know is their COAs are completely made up and use facsimile signature to imply the history or these sold items.

I recently noticed my coa was signed with a facsimile signature so I contacted Celebzdirect asking about it and was told that this is their practice (making the coa and using a copy of the signature) because its unrealistic to have the athletes sign the coa. I reached out to Hgpdiamond to return a game used JC Romero jersey because it shows zero use and the coa wasn't from Romero saying it was game used but from Hgpdiamond with his signature copied onto it to make it look like it was signed by him authenticating it.

I was told by Steve - president of Hgpdiamond - that CD never used copies of COAs or signatures. Once I proved it to him he became very defensive about it but would not answer my questions of why he said they don't use them but CD emailed me and told me they do or why would it even be needed if the items are genuine. I said I felt like it was something that others on sports forums would care to know as well.
He replied:

First I don't care about the sports forum I think there a joke second we've been in business for over 40 years so I don't need sports forums we have customers all over United States international and domestic that have done and do business with us daily. any threats or misuse of our company will be dealt with. again send back the jersey and we will refund you. as stated

To me this type of attitude when questioned about copies of signatures passed of as authentication to verify the items shows something isn't right and their business practices should be questioned. Everyone is free to purchase from anyone they want - I just wanted to bring to light that you should make sure if buying from either company you should ask if the coa has a genuine signature of the player authenticating the items background.

ShaimOnYou
08-17-2014, 07:16 PM
I don't know who "Steve" or this "sister" company is, but Scot Monette runs CelebzDirect.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/fraud-sports-memorabilia-dealer-bradley-wells-tells-fbi-prominent-card-companies-knew-jerseys-fakes-article-1.1159317

Without making reference to any wrongdoing on anyone's part, I simply ask, what would you expect from a guy who's ex-business partner claims it was "his idea to play home run derby" with bats to make them look game used?

"High integrity" doesn't really come to mind.

Hoosier39
08-17-2014, 07:58 PM
I was wondering about this. Also wonder if they bid up each other's stuff on EBay. I know for a fact Celebz has another EBay username.

Hoosier39
08-17-2014, 08:04 PM
Also too-- A LOT of the stuff they sell as used is actually game ready.

tella27
08-17-2014, 11:04 PM
After speaking with CelebzDirect again they said they don't have a sister company. They offered to send me a genuine signed loa from Romero even though it was purchased from Hgpdiamond and not direct from them. It looks like Hgpdiamond is trying to use CelebzDirect's name and history to sell their items. They don't appear to be anyone except a company that buys CD's items and resells them.
Here is Steve's first message to me - clearly he says they are sister companies.

Hello this is Steve president and CEO of Hollywood investment celeb is our sister company I would like to know who you spoke with within the company about the coa. we work ditect with jc romero and all items are 100 percent authentic. you should have recieved a original signature coa not a copy. again I am here with celebz and they do not repeat do not make copies. everything is original and authentic. jc signs all coa direct. as do all of our clients. please let me know who you spoke with. we do guarantee our service and products. thank you

Hoosier39
08-17-2014, 11:19 PM
So each LOA is signed by the player? Yeah, that's not true.

Hoosier39
08-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Sorry, I thought that was a Celebz response. Not all Celebz LOA's are signed by the players, a lot now are photocopied.

I'm confused. So diamond works direct with Romero and gives a Celebz LOA with the item?

RMoody
08-18-2014, 07:18 AM
Bought from them in the past, the photo copied COA started midway through last year.

Ironically I bought a bunch of Darren Woodson items, I literally got 12 hand signed COAs. I thought to myself at the time, well that's a bit much. Especially considering some of it was for like a single glove.

Sure enough my next order, had one of the photo copied Woodson COAs. Again, I actually thought well .... no wonder.

From that point on, I either haven't got them or they have been photo copied.

Sadly, one of the Culpepper jerseys I bought was not game used (it was event used) at least that I can tell. Now who's fault it is, Celebz for sending me the COA saying its game used or Dante's for actually signing "game used" on the darn thing.

tella27
08-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Sorry, I thought that was a Celebz response. Not all Celebz LOA's are signed by the players, a lot now are photocopied.

I'm confused. So diamond works direct with Romero and gives a Celebz LOA with the item?

No - diamond buys from Celebz and then resells the items but tells people they are part of Celebz

Hoosier39
08-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Hmm, something doesn't seem right.

ShaimOnYou
08-18-2014, 03:22 PM
I don't believe there is a need to state the obvious, but I'll take a shot at it anyway.

If you are a game-used memorabilia marketing company that contracts with professional players directly, you should have each piece you sell accompanied by a player-signed COA in wet ink. If you don't supply that, then at least include a picture of the athlete signing the item from an angle and point in the signing process that will easily identify the item as being one in the same.

The day you start handing out "copies" of player signatures on a COA, you have nothing in regards to authenticity, and even less in recourse.

Imagine how easy it then becomes to dirty up whatever is accompanying the pre-printed COA's and sell them without any direct player provenance? That scenario is free reign for any less-than-honest person to sell a lot of unauthentic stuff. Worse yet, God help you, is if you end up with a questionable item. Anyone who comes forward with that "copy" and is looking for a refund for an item they deem unauthentic now faces the very real possibility of the marketing company saying "That letter wasn't the letter we issued with that item. Someone made a copy of the original and is now offering it with another item."

Good luck with that in court. Demand the real deal from the start, or pass. If you choose to accept a "copied" signature of a player on a supposed COA, then you are likely not going to end up with a successful collection.

Wow, this hobby. Haven't we all been through this with these types before? Don't accept a flawed system designed to line the pockets of the ones doing the deeds, but allowing them a "back door" exit when they need one. Make them accountable.

Chris

earlywynnfan
08-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Shadiness and arrogance aside, I would have a hard time dealing with anyone who wants to be known as high-quality yet uses "Celebz" as their name.

RMoody
08-18-2014, 07:07 PM
I don't believe there is a need to state the obvious, but I'll take a shot at it anyway.

If you are a game-used memorabilia marketing company that contracts with professional players directly, you should have each piece you sell accompanied by a player-signed COA in wet ink. If you don't supply that, then at least include a picture of the athlete signing the item from an angle and point in the signing process that will easily identify the item as being one in the same.

The day you start handing out "copies" of player signatures on a COA, you have nothing in regards to authenticity, and even less in recourse.

Imagine how easy it then becomes to dirty up whatever is accompanying the pre-printed COA's and sell them without any direct player provenance? That scenario is free reign for any less-than-honest person to sell a lot of unauthentic stuff. Worse yet, God help you, is if you end up with a questionable item. Anyone who comes forward with that "copy" and is looking for a refund for an item they deem unauthentic now faces the very real possibility of the marketing company saying "That letter wasn't the letter we issued with that item. Someone made a copy of the original and is now offering it with another item."

Good luck with that in court. Demand the real deal from the start, or pass. If you choose to accept a "copied" signature of a player on a supposed COA, then you are likely not going to end up with a successful collection.

Wow, this hobby. Haven't we all been through this with these types before? Don't accept a flawed system designed to line the pockets of the ones doing the deeds, but allowing them a "back door" exit when they need one. Make them accountable.

Chris

First of all, i cant stated this whole "holier than tho" concept. Guess what, it's my collection and what I choose to accept ultimately is up to me.

The prints still describe the item as the actual ones do.

You act like a actually signed COA would be so much harder to "dirty up". Signed or not each COA still has a just as pointless hologram. Lets call a spade a spade, if somebody wants to fake or forge something they are going to do it. A real or copied COA changes nothing.

If I feel the item speaks for itself, then by all means I could care less about a COA. A copied COA for Woodson's custom Griffey cleats, signed G/U. You think I need to really bulk at the copied COA?

So the Rudi Johnson photo match cleats because exactly how much less valued with the copied Culpepper COA they have? Should I now expect these didn't come from his personal collection.

If your looking for either a player signed COA and or photo of the player with the item every time, your gonna need far more help with your collection than I will mine.

It's not about "accepting a flawed system" it's about applying some common sense. You have Woodson sell them 100 items, and expect him to personally sign 100 COAs? What happens when you spill soda on those last 25 remaining COAs, you just trash the items now?

Would it kill you to know that the guy I work with, I watch him sign every item and they come with a generic "signed in the presence of" COA?

It all comes down to the buyer, if I need a COA to tell me is real, I don't need the item.

I think the "Celebz" is the concept that they go well beyond football.

Roady
08-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Some people on here will spend thousands of dollars on a hundred dollar jersey just because a man, a proclaimed expert, says it is real and gives out a LOA with with his signature on it.
But lets not stop this witch hunt. :cool:

jake33
08-18-2014, 09:13 PM
A thing I take into consideration is that I will die someday and everything game used I have will get sold off at some point. So, I think being possessive about "my collection" is a little short sighted.

Here is a fact that I don't think is debatable. A scanned or copied COA is a forged document. Period. Do you want to own a forged document in your home? Someone at some point will notice that and resale value is affected by whomever will sell the item.

Having a scanned/copied COA makes me think if that worthless little piece of paper is forged, what else is? It is like if the seller isn't going to be 100% truthful with that, what else is questionable? Where did the seller draw the line with entering into that area of grey?

And if you hold on to everything until the day you die, still someone somewhere down the line will have those questions.

I am not questioning the authenticity of any item itself (that may be another thread on the forum). I just wonder why Celebz or whomever originated the copied COA would do that. Doing less could have been doing more in this instance. I think many of us would accept the seller saying "Hey, I bought X athlete's collection. I have a ton of photos from the overall signing too. I don't have a photo of the athlete signing this particular piece and I don't have a COA from him, but I can give you a COA from our company, with my name on it stating that the item was autographed/game used and was obtained from this signing on such and such of date." At least then it provides more clarity other than some degree of smoke and mirrors.

Roady
08-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Do PSA/DNA or JSA COA's have real signatures on them?

Roady
08-18-2014, 10:32 PM
And I was asking because I do not know the answer.

Hoosier39
08-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Do PSA/DNA or JSA COA's have real signatures on them?

They do.

Roady
08-18-2014, 10:58 PM
They do.

Hoosier39
08-18-2014, 10:59 PM

Sorry, psa does. Taube usually signs them. JSA I'm not quite sure.

RMoody
08-18-2014, 11:01 PM
They do.

No they don't, it's printed on every card.

I see both sides of the story here, but my point is still...it's all eyes and comfort of the buyer.

I'm sure we have all turned away things with a "COA" a multitude of reasons, I can't recall anytime I ever though "but only if that had a COA".

Hoosier39
08-18-2014, 11:15 PM
No they don't, it's printed on every card. ".

It is? Do I need to pull some of mine out and show you the ink strokes on the paper?

Or are you just talking about JSA? Because like I said, I don't know whether they do or not.

MikeKam
08-18-2014, 11:17 PM
It is? Do I need to pull some of mine out and show you the ink strokes on the paper?

Or are you just talking about JSA? Because like I said, I don't know whether they do or not.

I believe PSA has hand signed signatures on its bat LOAs but not on the autograph LOAs nor the basic COAs, while JSA had hand signed signatures on every LOA but no signature on their basic COAs.

Hoosier39
08-18-2014, 11:19 PM
I believe PSA has hand signed signatures on its bat LOAs but not on the autograph LOAs nor the basic COAs, while JSA had hand signed signatures on every LOA but no signature on their basic COAs.

Gotcha. I was under the impression we were talking about game used items, and I'm pretty sure all of my PSA letters are hand signed. But really, does it matter...

RMoody
08-18-2014, 11:36 PM
First off, I've got plenty of NFL Auction COAs that don't even have a signature printed on them.

The smaller cards , like 4x4 are not signed, they are printed right on the card. I have a pair of Brian Urlacher gloves that for some reason EACH have PSA Certs, the COAs are identical with the exclusion of 1 digit.

danesei@yahoo.com
08-19-2014, 05:39 AM
I find it funny that HGP is claiming at any point to be a sister company of CD, since I asked that very question about two months ago. I was told that they just buy stuff from CD and sell later. This came up, since it looked like HGP was the back-up plan so that CD didn't look like they were bidding up prices.

As for LOAs, both JSA and PSA LOAs are signed by someone. The PSA ones have a bunch of laser printed signatures on the bottom and one actual signature on above those. The JSA letters are signed by Spence II and a notary.

Anyway, CD no longer issues LOAs signed by the consignors or even photocopies of LOAs signed by the consignors. Now they issue a generic COA card with no picture of the item, the consignor's name and a very general description of the item.

The reason I know this is my purchase of an Al Leiter 2002 Spring Training cap from them. Under the impression that the items were accompanied by some sort of photo of the actual item being sold, I asked that the hologram/sticker be attached to the LOA instead of the item, since I didn't want to have to remove gum residue from the cap when I try taking off the sticker.

Instead of getting an LOA, I got a baseball card (about) sized card with a sticker on it, and a matching serial numbered sticker in an envelope. I've attached the picture so everyone knows what I'm talking about.

danesei@yahoo.com
08-19-2014, 05:48 AM

Mike, why would you think that PSA LOAs aren't signed? The Maris/Mantle (1964-66 Yankees) signed ball you have up on eBay is authenticated for the signatures, and signed by Zach Rullo. Is the blue signature printed onto the LOA?

Roady
08-19-2014, 07:54 AM
MLB authenticated doesn't come with a COA unless you print it out yourself. No signature either, of course.
The MLB hologram has always been good enough for everyone.

I have Mounted Memories items with just a hologram and no coa that I can look up online. Nobody has ever had a problem with them as long as they can look them up online.

People buy Steiner items without any way of looking them up at all. I wouldn't unless it also had a MLB hologram, but many do.

Most of the Onyx COA's are not really signed but is just a facsimile signature. I have seen some baseball card size ones that are by the athlete but the folded ones they have used for years are not.

I am failing to see the big problem with the COA. To me it's not the signature on a coa but the hologram # matching the hologram # on the item.

Roady
08-19-2014, 08:01 AM
And speaking of MLB holograms. How many here have had to contact MLB to get an item corrected. I have. I have a ball that they credited to one hitter when it was actually another hitter. I contacted MLB and they corrected it after I proved it to them.

These Celebz Direct threads seem more like witch hunts sometimes.

And again, many of you put 100% faith and pay many times what something is actually worth just because a single person says it is what it is and signs a piece of paper.
How many threads have their been on here about mistakes by auction houses and those you hold up to such benevolence?

Roady
08-19-2014, 08:02 AM
there not their...oops

MikeKam
08-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Mike, why would you think that PSA LOAs aren't signed? The Maris/Mantle (1964-66 Yankees) signed ball you have up on eBay is authenticated for the signatures, and signed by Zach Rullo. Is the blue signature printed onto the LOA?

I believed that all the signatures on a PSA autograph LOA were printed, I may be wrong.

KGoldin
08-19-2014, 09:55 AM
I believed that all the signatures on a PSA autograph LOA were printed, I may be wrong.

You are wrong
While there are printed signatures of all the staff members at the bottom of the letter, each letter is personally signed by the authenticator who personally inspected the item.

TwinLakesPark
08-19-2014, 02:30 PM
The business models practiced by Steve with Hollywood Investments and Scot with CelebzDirect are very different. I also believe the character of these 2 individuals is very different, but I am not here to debate character, but to look at business models. I have been fortunate to meet Scot in person on several occasions and had discussions with him about his business model and some of his challenges.

Scot purchases player collections. He has the balls to put a stack of money in his pocket and go meet a ballplayer that he might just not know at a location that he might not be familiar with. He might have an hour or two to view, inventory, appraise and purchase hundreds of items. During this time, you have no idea what the behavior/character of this player is like - is he going through a divorce, is he going bankrupt, is he just trying to get rid of junk, is he nice, is he a complete d!ck, is he a liar, is he an idiot, is he a fraud, is he a stand-up guy, is he a motivational speaker, or is he a father figure. Baseball players are people too, and all people are not good ones. So during this 1-2 hour meeting, who is writing up the LOA's for the player to sign? How long would it even take to write up 100 LOA's? Then what happens when the player signs 5 of them and says that he is done signing them? Do you walk away from the collection and tell him no thanks? There will be CelebzDirect LOA's with photocopied signatures; it is just not feasible to generate that many original LOA's in that short of a time frame. So why not just have the player sign 100 blank LOA’s and fill them out later? I am sure that has happened as well, but it sounds like a catch-22, because he will get roasted here for doing either of the above. I have personally dealt with several individuals who have purchased player collections and had issues with those player’s and getting LOA’s. At least Scot doesn’t misrepresent the fact it is a copy and is forthcoming about it.

So then what happens when Scot starts selling the items and finds out from one of us (probably posted in this forum) that the player(s) were either lying to him, misremembered, misrepresented, or didn’t really care? Who takes the heat for that? Who is the fraud then, your hero or Scot? How do you look your hero in the face and tell him he his is a liar, in his own trophy room? The numbers are not in Scot's favor as he buys in bulk. There will inevitably be bad stuff, there just will. But guess who will refund your money when something with your item isn't right? Scot.

Scot’s business is very valuable to us in this community; he goes out and finds collections that each and every one of us have an interest in. He is an asset.

Trying to steer back on topic, I have never liked the idea of LOA's, especially when adding the words "auction house" along with it, but I will save that rant for another thread on another day. To many people rely on a worthless piece of paper rather than conducting their own Due Diligence.

-Wes

Hoosier39
08-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Very well said, Wes. I personally dont care about their LoA's because I flat out won't buy an item if I don't think it's legit.

But, issues have been brought up about Scot doing some not so good stuff. So even tho he brings us a lot of good stuff, he isn't a saint either.

ShaimOnYou
08-19-2014, 03:49 PM
And speaking of MLB holograms. How many here have had to contact MLB to get an item corrected. I have. I have a ball that they credited to one hitter when it was actually another hitter. I contacted MLB and they corrected it after I proved it to them.

These Celebz Direct threads seem more like witch hunts sometimes.

And again, many of you put 100% faith and pay many times what something is actually worth just because a single person says it is what it is and signs a piece of paper.
How many threads have their been on here about mistakes by auction houses and those you hold up to such benevolence?

Roady,

You are correct that many collectors pay a premium, sometimes huge, for the secure feeling brought about by a third party authenticators blessing. Unfortunately every single one of them makes mistakes. And worse yet, some take liberties they shouldn't in making judgments on authenticity. So are they worth the fees they charge? That can only be answered on an individual basis.

But to clarify, I was not referring to 3rd party authenticators in my original post here. I was talking about marketing companies that develop a system that is flawed in practice so that at some point items of questionable nature can easily be slipped into the hobby. And why not? If they use a flawed authentication process that is accepted by collectors, who should be wear the blame? There is no witch hunt going on. We already know who we're dealing with here, so if a collector ends up with a questionable item at some point from Celebzdirect (or any marketing company for that matter), who would be surprised? It certainly would be easy to do so with their COA "copy" system in place. Just dirty up a few items, and make a few more copies.

Hearing RMoody say the hobby is headed this way in regards to the COA "concept" Celebzdirect is using is an incredible statement. It's also irresponsible and damaging to the hobby. In fact, the very claim of selling bad items after establishing a record of selling good ones has been brought up against the party in question in the past. Why accept a self-made "tool" to enable them to continue that practice? Some argue "It goes on in every single auction", "...because there are bad items out there everywhere. So do we want to clean it up, or pacify the perps with complacency? When the heat got to be unbearable, he cut off conversations, cursed customers out, then disappeared for a few years. Now he's back running a new company. Be it ASI, Elite Sports Marketing, or now Celebzdirect, it's the same guy behind the mask. So RMoody apparently votes to give him free reign to do whatever he wants again. Why? Because a holier than thou perspective bugs him?

When the money flows easy to these marketing companies, everything appears to be fine. The problems start when money gets tight. That's when the "bad items" start showing up. After all, there's 100% profit on those little gems. And when enabled by a flawed authentication process, greed or the need to stay in business by shady means wins every time.

So really, it's all up to the collector to make sure he's comfortable with his purchase. If we all don't demand accountability for the authenticity of items sold into the hobby, then bad ones will continue to end up in collections and riddle the secondary market.

Chris

RMoody
08-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Chris,

The trust is in the agent buying and selling the items period. Your assessment that unless it's "wet ink" is flat out not realistic.

So as people have asked, what about PSAs printed signatures, or NFL Auctions? Should a cert with NO signature be of any less "damage" to the community as one with?

As Twinlakes said...who is to blame for my Culpepper jersey? Scott for selling it game used when it's not, or Dante writing game used on it knowing damn well he didn't play it? Would Culpeppers signature out the COA really changed any of this? Is Culpepper the bad guy for being forgetful about what he worn in a game, or was he purposely misleading Scott. Worse yet....did Scott knowingly have Dante sign this so he could screw me out of.....wait for it......a kings ransom of $175!

Should all that be forgiven when the Rudi cleats I wanted were listed as game worn, but when I called they said they were only game issued. Should I have slammed the phone down and vowed to never deal with them again! Or accept the apology for the error, thank for the discount and be glad they were up front?

At the end of the day, I see a lot of people talking about issues, but listen I've had one....and I'm telling you I don't care.

Because that's what matters.....what the buyer and collector thinks. If you hanging absolute junk in your house is ok with a "wet ink" COA, then so be it. If you think I'm getting suckered left and right not "demanding" a player COA the oh well.

RMoody
08-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Just to put some photos to the story, here are 4 of the 11 Woodson COAs I have, also here are the Culpepper printed LOAs and the jersey he did not wear in a game but inscribed anyway.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2ch7ad.jpg

Here is the jersey,

http://i61.tinypic.com/w6rts6.jpg

Just ordered more yesterday as well.

MikeKam
08-19-2014, 07:07 PM
You are wrong
While there are printed signatures of all the staff members at the bottom of the letter, each letter is personally signed by the authenticator who personally inspected the item.

Never bothered comparing PSA letters haha. I assumed they were printed like the ones on the bottom and for the fact that I sometimes see the sticker on the actual signature which made me think they were just printed off and sticker'd.

tella27
08-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Its understandable if a player doesn't sign 200 COAs BUT with that said I don't think its right that these two companies talked about write up a letter like it was wrote by the player with "I, JC Romero, hereby verify.." And then have a line at the bottom with his name printed below it and a facsimile signature. It is purely made to make the purchaser think the letter that authenticates that item is from the player. The companies could just as easily make a coa stating from their company that its authentic but they know the COAs fool buyers into thinking the player wrote that out. If they aren't going to ask the players to sign the coa take a picture of them signing each item.

danesei@yahoo.com
08-19-2014, 09:51 PM

Roady, I'm sincere in this question: How did you manage to prove the ball was hit by one player and not the other? I could see being able to prove it wasn't a hit by a player (if they had no hits that game), but I can't see how/why MLB would take your word on it being hit by another player.

Aside from that, I think it's ridiculous that individuals are comparing "CelebzDirect" & "Hollywood Investments" (hgpdiamond) putting a hologram on an item to MLB/NFL(PSA)/NHL(MeiGray)/NBA(Meigray)/MLS/pro-teams authenticating items. In one case, we have items being sourced by a company (CD) alleged to be run by Scott J Monette, who has a history in the hobby of selling items later found to not be what they were claimed at sale (Palmeiro 500th HR stuff was the most publicized, if I recall), and sold by that same company or the secondary (hgp) company. In the other case, we have items being purchased from organizations traditionally considered to be primary (or at least 1B) provenance.

Part of the problem with CD is the items sourced from a party claimed to be game used by a second party. Most of the "game used" bats sold by CD fall into this category. Consignor ("Party") states that they were given bats by various players through the years. This really just establishes that the items are signed player bats. However, at some point, CD rep gets Party to agree that the items are game used. If Party signs a document attesting to this, then they would be responsible (maybe not necessarily liable) for selling the item as game used. If Party signs a bunch of blank documents (and this can be proven), Party might be liable for damages, but the rep manufacturing statements after the fact would be liable for the statements, as well.

Now, if Party signs a single document, and rep photocopies the document to distribute with multiple items, that's forgery of documentation. If Party agrees in advance of rep doing this, it is no longer forgery, since it's done with consent. In this case, it would seem rep would be liable for damages, and Party may be liable to the rep. If rep creates their own generic COA attesting to an item being sold, they would be liable for fraud.

Now, how does this all go back to CD? Well, Monette has a history of starting businesses with working relationships to market directly from athletes. His model then evolves to secondary acquisition from collections, as athletes start to price their items higher at source. At some point thereafter, items from his company are deemed questionable, and the company shuts down. A couple years later, Scot creates a new company and starts marketing directly from athletes once again. Steps repeat. It's been alleged on several occasions that Scot either owns or owned CD at some point. He may no longer run the company directly, but his companies have a history of problems.

ASI - Bradley Wells ends up in prison for fraudulently selling retail items as game used memorabilia to trading card companies. Monette, Well's partner isn't in jail. No public announcements have been made of Monette being interviewed by the FBI. CD uses this as a basis of defense for claiming Monette is innocent and a victim of circumstance.

Elite Sports Marketing, Inc (Oldsmar, FL) - Multiple complaints about items not being received or sold to someone else for a higher price after sale has been paid for. Charging cards without delivery. Oh, and something called parkviewauctions selling their stuff on eBay. Near the end, ESM was accused of misrepresenting store model bats as player model by engraving the player name into Big Stick bats. This actually ended up being a common practice by sellers, so I suppose ESM can be thanked for that "innovation."

CD - Multiple accusations of bid shilling, admission of cancelling eBay listings due to being offered a buyout price, and some accusations of non-gamers being sold as game used. HGP selling CD items on eBay.

It might seem like a witch-hunt to see that CD is held under much scrutiny, but the scrutiny has been earned through actions over a period of time. There are just too many parallels to the early part of other Monette ventures to simply dismiss any nefarious details as coincidental or unintended.

onlyalbert
08-19-2014, 10:56 PM
The business models practiced by Steve with Hollywood Investments and Scot with CelebzDirect are very different. I also believe the character of these 2 individuals is very different, but I am not here to debate character, but to look at business models. I have been fortunate to meet Scot in person on several occasions and had discussions with him about his business model and some of his challenges.

Scot purchases player collections. He has the balls to put a stack of money in his pocket and go meet a ballplayer that he might just not know at a location that he might not be familiar with. He might have an hour or two to view, inventory, appraise and purchase hundreds of items. During this time, you have no idea what the behavior/character of this player is like - is he going through a divorce, is he going bankrupt, is he just trying to get rid of junk, is he nice, is he a complete d!ck, is he a liar, is he an idiot, is he a fraud, is he a stand-up guy, is he a motivational speaker, or is he a father figure. Baseball players are people too, and all people are not good ones. So during this 1-2 hour meeting, who is writing up the LOA's for the player to sign? How long would it even take to write up 100 LOA's? Then what happens when the player signs 5 of them and says that he is done signing them? Do you walk away from the collection and tell him no thanks? There will be CelebzDirect LOA's with photocopied signatures; it is just not feasible to generate that many original LOA's in that short of a time frame. So why not just have the player sign 100 blank LOA’s and fill them out later? I am sure that has happened as well, but it sounds like a catch-22, because he will get roasted here for doing either of the above. I have personally dealt with several individuals who have purchased player collections and had issues with those player’s and getting LOA’s. At least Scot doesn’t misrepresent the fact it is a copy and is forthcoming about it.

So then what happens when Scot starts selling the items and finds out from one of us (probably posted in this forum) that the player(s) were either lying to him, misremembered, misrepresented, or didn’t really care? Who takes the heat for that? Who is the fraud then, your hero or Scot? How do you look your hero in the face and tell him he his is a liar, in his own trophy room? The numbers are not in Scot's favor as he buys in bulk. There will inevitably be bad stuff, there just will. But guess who will refund your money when something with your item isn't right? Scot.

Scot’s business is very valuable to us in this community; he goes out and finds collections that each and every one of us have an interest in. He is an asset.

Trying to steer back on topic, I have never liked the idea of LOA's, especially when adding the words "auction house" along with it, but I will save that rant for another thread on another day. To many people rely on a worthless piece of paper rather than conducting their own Due Diligence.

-Wes

Wes, you hit the nail on the head here. It would never be possible or feasible to have a printed coa hand signed by the player for each item obtained when there are literally hundreds of items in some instances and maybe a couple hours at best to complete a deal. They may be better off changing the wording on their coas and make them come from CD attesting to the item and signed by the agent obtaining the item. I've had many dealings with CD and not one issue with anything I've bought. I've bought game used and a few issued items. They all arrived as described. I've even bought items site unseen.

Now let's talk about PSA letters. They may be signed with wet ink, but I have seen many many dozens of PSA papers on Pujols bats over the years and if you put 10 of them side by side dated 2010 and later you would almost get the feel that there is a template that exists for Pujols papers. Some are almost identical in the wording. So what is the difference between a photocopy and template where a few words are changed? Anyone else notice this?

beachpetrol
08-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Here's an interesting thread from a little over a year ago about Celebz:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=56307

None of this would have happened, if the OP had done his/her homework. Its been said on this website and others, time and time again, DO YOUR F*&%ING HOMEWORK!!

Roady
08-19-2014, 11:59 PM
Roady, I'm sincere in this question: How did you manage to prove the ball was hit by one player and not the other? I could see being able to prove it wasn't a hit by a player (if they had no hits that game), but I can't see how/why MLB would take your word on it being hit by another player.

The play by play of the game and the balls that were authenticated before and after mine.

Roady
08-20-2014, 12:44 AM
I provide proof of the play by play of the game.

Note the 2nd inning...

Roberto Hernandez pitching for Philadelphia
E Gattis grounded out to third.
D Uggla grounded out to shortstop.
A Simmons tripled to deep center.
R Pena walked.
E Santana grounded out to pitcher.

I also provided the authentication numbers of the balls before and after my ball.
My ball was listed as a triple by Gattis when in fact I proved it was a triple by Simmons.
It is important to note the lineup of the game,
5th Gattis
6th Uggla
7th Simmons
8th Pena
9th Santana

My ball is EK705499 BATTER - ANDRELTON SIMMONS, PITCHER - ROBERTO HERNANDEZ, TOP OF 2, TRIPLE
It did say Gattis was the batter when I bought it.

The ball before it is EK705498 BATTER - ANDRELTON SIMMONS, PITCHER - ROBERTO HERNANDEZ, TOP OF 2, FOUL TIP

The ball before that is EK705497 BATTER - ANDRELTON SIMMONS, PITCHER - ROBERTO HERNANDEZ, TOP OF 2, PITCH IN THE DIRT

The ball before that is EK705496 BATTER - ANDRELTON SIMMONS, PITCHER - ROBERTO HERNANDEZ, TOP OF 2, PITCH IN THE DIRT

The ball before that is EK705495 BATTER - EVAN GATTIS, PITCHER - ROBERTO HERNANDEZ, TOP OF 2, GROUND OUT

And the ball right after mine is EK705500 BATTER - MARLON BYRD, PITCHER - ERVIN SANTANA, BOTTOM OF 2, PITCH IN THE DIRT

So....
Gattis never hit a triple in the game, and certainly not in the 2nd inning.
The 2 balls before mine were both attributed to Simmons
The 3rd ball before mine was Gattis who grounded out
So there was no way it was Gattis who hit the triple it had to be Simmons which agrees with the play by play of the game.

Roady
08-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Should have said....
The 3 balls before mine were both attributed to Simmons
The 4th ball before mine was Gattis who grounded out

Roady
08-20-2014, 01:43 AM
And if someone has the game used list from the Phillies from around that time it should be on there.
I can't find it in my email.
I have a shipping notification from the Phillies on April 24 so it should be around that time.

ShaimOnYou
08-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Wes, you hit the nail on the head here. It would never be possible or feasible to have a printed coa hand signed by the player for each item obtained when there are literally hundreds of items in some instances and maybe a couple hours at best to complete a deal. They may be better off changing the wording on their coas and make them come from CD attesting to the item and signed by the agent obtaining the item. I've had many dealings with CD and not one issue with anything I've bought. I've bought game used and a few issued items. They all arrived as described. I've even bought items site unseen.

Now let's talk about PSA letters. They may be signed with wet ink, but I have seen many many dozens of PSA papers on Pujols bats over the years and if you put 10 of them side by side dated 2010 and later you would almost get the feel that there is a template that exists for Pujols papers. Some are almost identical in the wording. So what is the difference between a photocopy and template where a few words are changed? Anyone else notice this?

(sigh)

There appear to be special interests going on here in these posts.

danesei@yahoo.com, thanks for the short version of the Scot Monette biography. I didn't have the time to put that together, so I appreciate the short version.

I am of the belief that most of the collectors can see through the shenanigans going on in this thread. They can recognize the shill comments on Celebz's behalf.

It's almost laughable to read TwinLakesPark post. Hey Twins, by all means, please, go on buying from Scot site unseen. You're the man.

And then the post quoted here above. Wes hit the nail on the head alright. The big nail on his thumb.

I've dealt with Scot Monette. He was rude when I questioned him about bad items. He once cursed me out. He hung up on me another time. This man is anything but professional. He is void of integrity. Buy from him or his company at your own peril. No matter what his shills say here, he is not trustworthy.

My last comment on this whole subject of COA's and wet ink is this. If someone, comically who has been referred to here as having "balls", chooses to buy a players collection or game used stuff because he chooses to do resell them as a form of livelihood, that's his choice. Where in the world does that then mean we as collectors should just automatically accept whatever cheap back-door shady form of authentication they choose to market the stuff with?

Hey players, you're supposed to be professionals. So act accordingly. You want to sell your stuff, but as some here argue, you don't have the few moments it would take to sign your name on a piece of paper taking ownership of proper authentication? Well listen up. Either sit your spoiled immature over-payed rear-ends down and sign your name to a COA for every darn piece you want to sell, or shove them where the sun doesn't shine. And take your scumbag marketing tactics with you on the way out of our house.

Love,

Us collectors

Roady
08-20-2014, 10:19 AM
(sigh)

danesei@yahoo.com, thanks for the short version of the Scot Monette biography. I didn't have the time to put that together, so I appreciate the short version.

I am of the belief that most of the collectors can see through the shenanigans going on in this thread. They can recognize the shill comments on Celebz's behalf.

It's almost laughable to read TwinLakesPark post. Hey Twins, by all means, please, go on buying from Scot site unseen. You're the man.

And then the post quoted here above. Wes hit the nail on the head alright. The big nail on his thumb.

I've dealt with Scot Monette. He was rude when I questioned him about bad items. He once cursed me out. He hung up on me another time. This man is anything but professional. He is void of integrity. Buy from him or his company at your own peril. No matter what his shills say here, he is not trustworthy.

My last comment on this whole subject of COA's and wet ink is this. If someone, comically who has been referred to here as having "balls", chooses to buy a players collection or game used stuff because he chooses to do resell them as a form of livelihood, that's his choice. Where in the world does that then mean we as collectors should just automatically accept whatever cheap back-door shady form of authentication they choose to market the stuff with?

Hey players, you're supposed to be professionals. So act accordingly. You want to sell your stuff, but as some here argue, you don't have the few moments it would take to sign your name on a piece of paper taking ownership of proper authentication? Well listen up. Either sit your spoiled immature over-payed rear-ends down and sign your name to a COA for every darn piece you want to sell, or shove them where the sun doesn't shine. And take your scumbag marketing tactics with you on the way out of our house.

Love,

Us collectors

You should choose a new hobby that doesn't make you so mad. :)

onlyalbert
08-20-2014, 11:13 AM
(sigh)

Love,

Us collectors

I think you should buy from whomever you want. Let me get you the number to The Highland Mint......

ShaimOnYou
08-20-2014, 11:39 AM
You should choose a new hobby that doesn't make you so mad. :)

Not mad at all.

Just a tad frustrated with all the B.S. and the attempts by shills to talk collectors into accepting practices that ensure fraudulent activity can resume.

But these types of discussions are helpful because they help expose problems to collectors who need to know what's really going on.

ShaimOnYou
08-20-2014, 11:43 AM
I think you should buy from whomever you want. Let me get you the number to The Highland Mint......

I'm good, shill, but thanks for keeping me in mind. Say hi to Scot for me.

rudyjj18
08-20-2014, 12:13 PM
I agree that some of Celebz stuff seems "off" at times. My most recent frustration with them was a couple months ago. Got an email from them with an item I wanted to purchase. Price was low enough that it enticed me. I emailed him back less than 5 minutes after his email was sent and said I'd take said item. He emailed me back stating Paypal would work for payment and so I gave him my Paypal account info as he had requested. A day went by, never heard from him. I emailed him probably about 4-5 times throughout the following week asking what the deal was, if it was still available, etc. Never wrote me back to this day. Now, I see the bat I wanted on ebay from someone other than Celebz. Probably the last time I try to buy from them again. Great business, Celebz.

TwinLakesPark
08-20-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm good, shill, but thanks for keeping me in mind. Say hi to Scot for me.

I will say high for you, I meeting up with him tomorrow to pick up an item. What is your name again?

ShaimOnYou
08-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Here's an interesting thread from a little over a year ago about Celebz:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=56307

None of this would have happened, if the OP had done his/her homework. Its been said on this website and others, time and time again, DO YOUR F*&%ING HOMEWORK!!

Thanks for posting beachpetrol. It's SO worth a read.

Simply laughable. On page 5, post 45, a member here (MikeKam) posted a response from a "Nick Tsolakakis" of Celebzdirect. He apparently took issue with all of the Scot Monette bashing and wanted to have his say. Being the professional he is, he went on a rampage insulting collectors IQ's and basically calling MOST of you idiots. Impressive. He went on to say he doesn't need the business of all you idiots too. Special stuff here.

So let's summize. As mentioned here in this thread, Scot Monette has "balls" enough to go to athletes and contract with them to sell their entire collections.

But he doesn't have the dooh-dads to come here and make a statement on his own behalf when bashed about his prior transgressions? Hmmm. I guess us idiots are much more trouble for a man like Scot than those weak gutless intelligent pro athletes. :rolleyes:

Nope, instead, he's got Nick Stepinrhinocerospoopolis or whatever his name is standing tall and putting us all in our low-life uneducated bottom dwelling place.

These pieces of work just kick and fight, right up to the moment the FBI paddy-wagons pull up to their front door. This is priceless poop. You seriously can't make it up.

Chris

Hoosier39
08-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Celebz are members here, but their posts are deleted most of the time.

Simply laughable. On page 5, post 45, a member here (MikeKam) posted a response from a "Nick Tsolakakis" of Celebzdirect. He apparently took issue with all of the Scot Monette bashing and wanted to have his say. Being the professional he is, he went on a rampage insulting collectors IQ's and basically calling MOST of you idiots. Impressive. He went on to say he doesn't need the business of all you idiots too. Special stuff here.

So let's summize. As mentioned here in this thread, Scot Monette has "balls" enough to go to athletes and contract with them to sell their entire collections.

But he doesn't have the dooh-dads to come here and make a statement on his own behalf when bashed about his prior transgressions? Hmmm. I guess us idiots are much more trouble for a man like Scot than those weak gutless intelligent pro athletes. :rolleyes:

Nope, instead, he's got Nick Stepinrhinocerospoopolis or whatever his name is standing tall and putting us all in our low-life uneducated bottom dwelling place.

These pieces of work just kick and fight, right up to the moment the FBI paddy-wagons pull up to their front door. This is priceless poop. You seriously can't make it up.

Chris

Roady
08-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Sorry to go back to this and muddle the thread but I have a screen shot of the April 23 Phillies game used baseball list for the April 14 game that shows the Gattis triple that I got changed to a Simmons triple.
Just wanted to prove that I did it.

ShaimOnYou
08-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Celebz are members here, but their posts are deleted most of the time.

I can't imagine why? I know if I was in the business of marketing sports athletes stuff, I would choose the rude, customer bashing insulting ways of Nick to grow my companies market share.

Simply unbelievable. And WE have low IQ's?? LOL

beachpetrol
08-21-2014, 12:19 PM

Chris

You're welcome. Also in post 45 of that thread, Nick from Celebz clearly explains their LOA situation and the fact they make COPIES of their LOAs. Tella27 obviously didn't do any homework.

danesei@yahoo.com
08-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Sorry to go back to this and muddle the thread but I have a screen shot of the April 23 Phillies game used baseball list for the April 14 game that shows the Gattis triple that I got changed to a Simmons triple.
Just wanted to prove that I did it.

That's pretty cool. So, MLB was willing to change the data based on a box score? Interesting to know.

Roady
08-21-2014, 07:56 PM
That's pretty cool. So, MLB was willing to change the data based on a box score? Interesting to know.

Well, no not the box score.
If you go back and read my post #44 on page 4 I provided the play by play, the lineup, and the balls authenticated before and after.

tella27
08-21-2014, 11:39 PM
You're welcome. Also in post 45 of that thread, Nick from Celebz clearly explains their LOA situation and the fact they make COPIES of their LOAs. Tella27 obviously didn't do any homework.

They make their own COAs worded their own way and then add a facsimile signature of the player to fool people into thinking the coa is signed by the player authenticating the item as being what was wrote. They say they can't get them to sign every coa but if they are there with them while they are signing why not take a picture of the player with the item? The player doesn't have to do anything. The people that stand up for these questionable practices are the same people that have gleaming white jerseys - that look like they have never been worn - marked game used in their collections. Companies like Celebz continue to do this know those same people will continue to purchase from them. And beachpetrol you should read the original post and read that I bought the jersey from hgp - it's since been returned for a refund thanks to Paypal.

Hoosier39
08-22-2014, 09:21 AM
In tella's defense, and for those that are really caring about sigs or copies, Celebz used to have real sigs of the player on every LOA in the beginning. They have since stopped around last yr or so and went with the copy sig.

tella27
08-22-2014, 10:02 AM
In tella's defense, and for those that are really caring about sigs or copies, Celebz used to have real sigs of the player on every LOA in the beginning. They have since stopped around last yr or so and went with the copy sig.

The biggest issue is the hpg sold it with the wording that it came with a signed coa from player.

beachpetrol
08-22-2014, 01:54 PM
The biggest issue is the hpg sold it with the wording that it came with a signed coa from player.

Is this the JC Romero jersey you bought from hgpdiamond:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JC-Romero-2012-St-Louis-Cardinals-GAME-USED-AUTOGRAPH-JERSEY-World-Series-/121380988964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c42dee824&nma=true&si=ug%252BpTTeKyf3iVSWNHV3gqRt8Erw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

tella27
08-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Is this the JC Romero jersey you bought from hgpdiamond:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JC-Romero-2012-St-Louis-Cardinals-GAME-USED-AUTOGRAPH-JERSEY-World-Series-/121380988964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c42dee824&nma=true&si=ug%252BpTTeKyf3iVSWNHV3gqRt8Erw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Yes and I asked if the coa was signed or a copied coa and I was told the hgp doesn't use copied COAs - the coa had a facsimile signature and it was returned.

fredskinz
08-22-2014, 10:11 PM
For what its worth, I have bought numerous items from Scot at Celebz and have been 100% happy with each item. He's a standup guy in my book.

beachpetrol
08-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Yes and I asked if the coa was signed or a copied coa and I was told the hgp doesn't use copied COAs - the coa had a facsimile signature and it was returned.
Right. Hgpdiamond does not use copied COAs. Celebz Direct does. There are two photos of the COA in the auction, and they clearly say Celebz Direct on the COA.

You say your biggest problem with hgpdiamond is the "wording that it came with a signed coa from player." Nowhere in their auction does it say the COA is SIGNED by the player.

But what is even more interesting is this....http://www.ebay.com/itm/JC-Romero-St-Louis-Cardinals-Signed-Game-Used-2012-Jersey-WS-Champions-Patch-/271566566105?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3aa0f2d9&nma=true&si=PKCX9u49DciTHN7aod9MlKUaw3E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If you claimed that the jersey showed no use, then why did you try to resell it as game used?

tella27
08-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Right. Hgpdiamond does not use copied COAs. Celebz Direct does. There are two photos of the COA in the auction, and they clearly say Celebz Direct on the COA.

You say your biggest problem with hgpdiamond is the "wording that it came with a signed coa from player." Nowhere in their auction does it say the COA is SIGNED by the player.

But what is even more interesting is this....http://www.ebay.com/itm/JC-Romero-St-Louis-Cardinals-Signed-Game-Used-2012-Jersey-WS-Champions-Patch-/271566566105?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3aa0f2d9&nma=true&si=PKCX9u49DciTHN7aod9MlKUaw3E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If you claimed that the jersey showed no use, then why did you try to resell it as game used?

Read my last post guy - I CONTACTED Hgp PRIOR to buying and was told they don't use copied COAs. Scot tried to get around the fact that the coa had a facsimile signature. Obviously it was seen that it said Celebz Direct but I wasn't aware that CD started using copies. I did have it listed as it was described to me UNTIL I found out that it wasn't a genuine signature from him on the coa. Once that was discovered I pulled the listing and contacted Paypal for a return. Just like on my Wieters glove post - you just try and cause issues. You ran your mouth saying I tried to defraud someone out of money just to be shut up and proven wrong. Go troll another thread, I'm trying to help other collectors and you're just trying to cause issues.

beachpetrol
08-23-2014, 12:56 AM
Read my last post guy - I CONTACTED Hgp PRIOR to buying and was told they don't use copied COAs. Scot tried to get around the fact that the coa had a facsimile signature. Obviously it was seen that it said Celebz Direct but I wasn't aware that CD started using copies. I did have it listed as it was described to me UNTIL I found out that it wasn't a genuine signature from him on the coa. Once that was discovered I pulled the listing and contacted Paypal for a return. Just like on my Wieters glove post - you just try and cause issues. You ran your mouth saying I tried to defraud someone out of money just to be shut up and proven wrong. Go troll another thread, I'm trying to help other collectors and you're just trying to cause issues.

I did read your last post and maybe you don't understand that hgpdiamond doesn't issue the COAs. Celebz Direct does. Hence why hgpdiamond does not issue copied COAs. Its really nice to know that you knew ahead of time that the jersey did not have any use, yet for the good part of two weeks you tried to sell it on ebay as game used. Nice. Glad you are a part of this great collecting community.

tella27
08-23-2014, 01:19 AM
I did read your last post and maybe you don't understand that hgpdiamond doesn't issue the COAs. Celebz Direct does. Hence why hgpdiamond does not issue copied COAs. Its really nice to know that you knew ahead of time that the jersey did not have any use, yet for the good part of two weeks you tried to sell it on ebay as game used. Nice. Glad you are a part of this great collecting community.

AGAIN guy I said until I found out that the signature wasn't a genuine signature on the coa FROM the player, I was selling it as it was stated on the jersey and coa GAME USED. Prior to my purchase I asked the seller HGP if the signature on the coa was a copy and Scot from hpg replied "Hgp doesn't use copied COAs" this goes along with Scot saying that hpg and CD were sister companies. With all of that I took it as it was a genuine signature on the coa from Romero and even with the appearance of the jersey I took it as genuine since I believe the coa stating it was game used was signed by Romero. Once I found out that CD uses copies I looked at the coa more closely and found it was a facsimile. Once I believed the authenticity of the jersey was in question I pulled the listing - something I've already stated in prior posts on this thread. If you have other feelings about HGP then purchase from them.

Hoosier39
08-23-2014, 08:00 AM
I've seen a lot of tricky stuff go on, and in no way am I pointing fingers, but it kind of looks like you weren't happy with the jersey(use, COA) and tried to pawn it off to someone else on Ebay.

tella27
08-23-2014, 09:27 AM
I've seen a lot of tricky stuff go on, and in no way am I pointing fingers, but it kind of looks like you weren't happy with the jersey(use, COA) and tried to pawn it off to someone else on Ebay.

You are wrong - as soon as I found out it wasn't genuine I contacted Paypal and returned it. You are assuming things and the opinion that you are voicing is wrong.

Hoosier39
08-23-2014, 09:33 AM
You are wrong - as soon as I found out it wasn't genuine I contacted Paypal and returned it. You are assuming things and the opinion that you are voicing is wrong.

No problem. From the outside looking in, that's the opinion I have..

tella27
08-23-2014, 09:42 AM
All I've tried to do is let people know the shady practices hgp is building their business on. I bought a jersey from hgp - before buying I asked if the signature on the coa was from Romero. Hgp said two things 1) they are sister companies with CD and 2) hgp doesn't use copies. He skated around the fact the CD does use copies. I bought the jersey from hgp thinking everything was genuine trusting the coa. I found out after that it was a facsimile signature. I don't understand the assumption that I found out, was unhappy and then listed it for LESS than what I paid - must have gotten tired of waiting to take LESS for it and then returned it for my original paid amount. As soon as it was found to be a facsimile I contacted CD to find out if they started using copied COAs and then contacted hgp and Paypal to get a return. The day I found all this out I posted on here to warn other members.

This is why people don't post as much on here - there are always a couple members that try to create issues.

tella27
08-23-2014, 09:45 AM
This is my last post on this thread - it's from Celebz Direct after I informed them that hgp was saying they were sister companies and possibly hurting their business..

Dear otisvr6,

Thank you for the response. Of course he knows us by name as do hundreds of other collectors and re-sellers that buy from us... Last communication I had with Steve stated that he should not refer to us as any sort of sister company because we are not and that he needs to take care of his buyer and resolve whatever the issue may be...

- celebzdirect22

Roady
08-23-2014, 10:19 AM
This thread should be re-named.......When Flipping Goes Wrong