PDA

View Full Version : Question for the administrators

jon_8_us
12-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Why did you deem it neccesary to remove my post about the passing of James Brown.It did not violate any rules of the forum and was read over 70 times before being removed.There are have been non sports related posts on this board in the past.He was an important figure in the world of music and culture.Please....an explanantion
Jon

otismalibu
12-26-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm not Admin, but didn't you refer to him as a scumbag? Unless I read that somewhere else?

jon_8_us
12-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Yes i did but your taking it out of context.My exact words were"you may have been a scumbag BUT your music and tireless work ethic will live on forever".I believe this to be a fair obituary for a guy who was not so nice but extremely talented.My point is why did someone mess with my post.I don't think it's fair seeing as i broke no rules.
jon

otismalibu
12-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but it really serves no purpose (in this forum) to debate whether James Brown was a scumbag or not. Now, if he was buying game issued and selling as game used...I'd have to agree with you.

Maybe someone had dinner with James Brown a few nights back and could shed some light.:)

jon_8_us
12-26-2006, 11:15 AM
First off i was not asking for a debate.Second there are plenty of posts in the past that are of no good use to the game used community that are still on here.I will compile a list if i must.Fact is a legendary singer died on Christmas day and i was just paying my tributes on the only forum on the internet i post on.Now if my post took up too much space on the networks drive i apologize.Now back to my question which still has not been answered.Sorry to make a stink but i have a problem with my words being deleted without explanantion........
jon
AGAIN MY POST WAS NOT A DEBATE.IT WAS A VERY SIMPLE HEADS UP THAT A VERY TALENTED SINGER AND ARTIST HAD DIED

otismalibu
12-26-2006, 11:22 AM
***yawn***

jon_8_us
12-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Come on man....i wasn't asking you for anything to begin with.This has been blown out of proportion.All i want is an answer for whomever deleted my post not you.Maybe others don't mind when stuff they have written is deleted without explanation but not me.If you check my posts 99.9999% has been useful game used topics.To belittle my quest for an answer is childish.A big ***YAWN*** to you my friend.Happy holidays

otismalibu
12-26-2006, 11:42 AM
I've had posts removed. I just figured some admin didn't appreciate the content.

IT WAS A VERY SIMPLE HEADS UP THAT A VERY TALENTED SINGER AND ARTIST HAD DIED

Really, is that what it was? Thanks, I hadn't heard. Any news on who won the World Series?

- maybe there's an admin that really dislikes you
- maybe it was deleted by mistake
- maybe a relative of James Brown visits the site and took offense to your comment
- maybe you didn't email James Brown and give him 24 hrs. to respond to your accusation

Before the end of the day, I'm confident someone will give you a satisfactory response.

And now I'm going pay tribute to a former poster by declaring this thread done :D !!!

jon_8_us
12-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Greg...thanks for hijacking my post.Now this looks to a be a blown out of proportion mess and will not be taken seriously.Regardless of how you feel about me or the post in question your making fun of me is just bulls**t.I know i will get a response.Yours is not the one i wanted.Maybe i will be proven wrong but your butting in and sly remarks are useless and unwanted.Thanks buddy.....

ChrisCavalier
12-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Why did you deem it neccesary to remove my post about the passing of James Brown.It did not violate any rules of the forum and was read over 70 times before being removed.There are have been non sports related posts on this board in the past.He was an important figure in the world of music and culture.Please....an explanantion
Jon
Hello Jon,

Your post was removed because it contained profanities and implied profanities (with the use of asterisks as you have also done in the last post) in both the title as well as body of the post. This was in violation of the forum rule which states:

No Offensive Language or Materials. Please do not post any messages, images or links that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory or otherwise violate any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars.

In addition, your post was found offensive by another forum member who responded to your post. Thus, we deemed the thread inappropriate and removed it. While I am presuming/hoping some of the content in the post was made in jest, we will not allow posts that violate the rules and are offensive to other members. If you would like to make another post to announce the death of a celebrity please feel free to do so. However, if you do please make sure it is free of any profanities.

If you would like to continue this discussion please feel free to contact me personally using the contact information below. I will be happy to address any further questions you may have.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
chris_cavalier@gameuseduniverse.com
Office - 925.552.8023
Cell - 925.413.1429

jon_8_us
12-26-2006, 01:01 PM
If someone found it objectionable then so be it.You were doing your job.Thank you for the explanantion Chris.To bad that another member found my very mild name calling(scumbag) worthy of deletion.If they read my whole sentence they would have actually seen that i was commending James Brown for the artist he was.And as it goes for the asterisks(although it is clearly a rule)i think we are a little over the top with that rule.We are not living in the 60's here.The implied vulgarity rule seems to be a stretch as this method has been used many times in the past by an assortment of members.Anyhow not getting down on you Chris you do a great job.Thanks and happy holidays
jon

ChrisCavalier
12-26-2006, 01:51 PM
If someone found it objectionable then so be it.You were doing your job.Thank you for the explanantion Chris.To bad that another member found my very mild name calling(scumbag) worthy of deletion.If they read my whole sentence they would have actually seen that i was commending James Brown for the artist he was.And as it goes for the asterisks(although it is clearly a rule)i think we are a little over the top with that rule.We are not living in the 60's here.The implied vulgarity rule seems to be a stretch as this method has been used many times in the past by an assortment of members.Anyhow not getting down on you Chris you do a great job.Thanks and happy holidays
jon
Hello Jon,

Thank you for your post and your understanding regarding the rules. I really appreciate the fact that, although you may think we are a little conservative in our approach to the boards, you respect the decision and are willing to comply for the benefit of the community as a whole. BTW, as a side note, I think I'm more predisposed the 70's than the 60's which probably explains why I enjoyed seeing the movie 'Rocky Balboa' recently :)

Thanks again for your contributions and I look forward to working together for the benefit of the hobby.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

Yankwood
12-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Whaaaa-owwwww ! ! ! Hah ! ! !

jon_8_us
12-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks again Chris.I wouldn't mind seeing this whole thread disappear.I got the response i wanted.
jon

Jonathan
12-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Well, I thought it was funny.....:D

Chris - How do I change My Login Name??
I PM'ed You, sent an E-mail.... Next I will have to start a thread!!

flaco1801
12-27-2006, 01:28 PM
if you never met him its just second hand information, hearsay, we have enought of that already.

Jonathan
12-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I was lucky enough to meet him at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. He was very nice, signed autographs, shook hands, and when I asked for a "FEEL GOOD" - He screamed "I FEEEEEEEL GOOOOOOD"......lol

J. Brown is a very nice Guy!!,:)