PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Emmitt Smith jersey need some opinions

CTjerseys1964
08-23-2014, 12:11 PM
I just purchased this jersey...it was incorrectly listed on ebay as a 1997 Emmitt Smith game used autograph jersey. It has a letter from Emmitt Smith Charity Golf Classic for the autograph only. It shows a lot of wear including some heavy staining. What do I have here? Opinions are greatly appreciated!

Phil316
08-23-2014, 01:22 PM
I have been fooled with this tagging before but on a Drew Bledsoe. Jersey is a retail authentic. The give-away is the L for large.

Phil316
08-23-2014, 01:27 PM
https://www.etsy.com/listing/189373435/dallas-cowboys-emmit-smith-22-apexone?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=dallas+cowboys+smith&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

CTjerseys1964
08-23-2014, 01:33 PM
I thought that as well but searched some past posts as well as some past auctions and there was a 1993 Aikman in I believe either Heritage or Grey Flannel with exact same tagging with both the L and the numerical size and I believe in a previous post a few years back regarding the tagging from that year it was confirmed I believe by end zone sports that it is indeed the correct tagging for 1993 I will try to post both the Aikman auction as well as the thread posted here thanks !

Phil316
08-23-2014, 01:43 PM
You should buy the one on etsy then if you think it's a gamer lol.

CTjerseys1964
08-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Not sure how to post pictures from the GFC Auction...I just looked it up and it was a Troy Aikman 1993 game used jersey in their Holiday Auction from 2007. It was lot number 741. The tagging is identical. Jersey sold for $2,227....also not sure how to post past threads from this forum but there was a post made on 12-21-2007 at 1:12 pm titled "Cowboys Jersey Tagging Help Needed" and as I said in my previous post the tagging is identical and END ZONE sports chimed in that that is indeed the correct tagging. So really unsure on this one.......

Phil316
08-23-2014, 01:47 PM
http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/lot-17336.aspx

I feel bad for the guy who spent 2 grand on a retail jersey.

Phil316
08-23-2014, 01:50 PM
http://americanmemorabilia.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/everett.jpg

This is proper tagging for a 1993 or 1994.

Phil316
08-23-2014, 01:54 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Cowboys-Robert-Williams-1993-Game-Used-Jersey-/161331913564?nma=true&si=9CB6j7AwP4ohGs8psEAlAoAXtKI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And another.

You are trying to make the jersey more than what it is in my opinion.

Your Smith id a signed retail authentic. That probably should be washed :D

CTjerseys1964
08-23-2014, 02:09 PM
I guess I should have done better homework...I took a chance and based on Aikman in GFC auction as well as Mr. Scoggins at ENDZONE stating in a previous post in 2007 I thought it might be legit...oh well live and learn again!

worldchamps
08-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Sorry to give you even more bad news but that autograph is not real either

commando
08-23-2014, 06:48 PM
The good news is you get your money back. No harm, no foul (on your end).

Phil316
08-23-2014, 07:46 PM
500.00 big ones. You gotta hope the seller is willing to cancel your bid. Otherwise you gotta paypal dispute on your hands :eek:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Emmitt-Smith-Game-Used-Jersey-Autographed-with-certification-/261565811350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce6898a96&nma=true&si=9CB6j7AwP4ohGs8psEAlAoAXtKI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l255

bgakladd
08-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Wow...positive feedback was given on this jersey already. Listing shows seller offering no returns but EBay has the money back guarantee if item is not as described. Try and get your money back....and let us know how it turns out.

commando
08-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Wow...positive feedback was given on this jersey already. Listing shows seller offering no returns but EBay has the money back guarantee if item is not as described. Try and get your money back....and let us know how it turns out.

Trust me... He'll get his money back. I've been on Ebay the past 16 years (holy cow...) as both an active buyer and seller, and I've seen all the power be transferred to buyers these past few years. The jersey was listed in the Game Used section, plus it was also listed as game used in the title AND description. If the buyer is under the opinion that the jersey is indeed not game used, all he has to do is file a claim as "item not as described."

It's not even necessary to prove the jersey was NOT game used. If the buyer is unhappy for any reason, be gets his money back.

Viola.

Phil316
08-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Viola.

Frank?

But yeah he will get all his money back.

RMoody
08-23-2014, 10:19 PM
Trust me... He'll get his money back. I've been on Ebay the past 16 years (holy cow...) as both an active buyer and seller, and I've seen all the power be transferred to buyers these past few years. The jersey was listed in the Game Used section, plus it was also listed as game used in the title AND description. If the buyer is under the opinion that the jersey is indeed not game used, all he has to do is file a claim as "item not as described."

It's not even necessary to prove the jersey was NOT game used. If the buyer is unhappy for any reason, be gets his money back.

Viola.

Part of me really disagrees with this theory. Not trying to offended anybody, but let's put it on the table and deal with it.

The guy goes and does some homework on the jersey, and decides to drop $500 on the jersey.

He comes here, asking "what do I have" , obviously hoping to hear he found this golden goose "incorrectly listed".

One of the most prominent and respected guys here explains how it's not real, he gets defensive with reasons it still must be.

He then concedes with the respectful "should have done more homework, took a chance". Which by all means is the difficult but correct way to deal with it.

Now, however he can discuss get a refund? On a jersey that's clearly listed, photographed and described?

I'm sorry but he knew what he was buying and admittedly hoped to get one over on what could be a under educated seller.

So if the jersey was real, worth 6-8K and he scores it for the $500 then what? The seller doesn't have this ability to unconditionally demand his jersey back with a purchase price refund.

Something I just don't like about trying to take advantage of somebody, having it backfire and then washing your hands of the situation scott-free by overpowering refund policies.

commando
08-23-2014, 10:34 PM
Part of me really disagrees with this theory. Not trying to offended anybody, but let's put it on the table and deal with it.

The guy goes and does some homework on the jersey, and decides to drop $500 on the jersey.

He comes here, asking "what do I have" , obviously hoping to hear he found this golden goose "incorrectly listed".

One of the most prominent and respected guys here explains how it's not real, he gets defensive with reasons it still must be.

He then concedes with the respectful "should have done more homework, took a chance". Which by all means is the difficult but correct way to deal with it.

Now, however he can discuss get a refund? On a jersey that's clearly listed, photographed and described?

I'm sorry but he knew what he was buying and admittedly hoped to get one over on what could be a under educated seller.

So if the jersey was real, worth 6-8K and he scores it for the $500 then what? The seller doesn't have this ability to unconditionally demand his jersey back with a purchase price refund.

Something I just don't like about trying to take advantage of somebody, having it backfire and then washing your hands of the situation scott-free by overpowering refund policies.

I hear ya. As a Power Seller (x2) and Top-Rated Seller (x2) on Ebay, I know what it's like to dance with a pro-buyer system. Thankfully, my returns are personally few and far between. But I accepted a long time ago the fact that buyers can return anything they buy, for any reason they wish. It's the cost of doing business on the Ebay platform, and it is only going to get easier for buyers to return items this upcoming year.