Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danesei@yahoo.com
    • Feb 2014

September 2014 Pick-Ups

I got a nice package in the mail today. Two A's jackets, two game used batting gloves and a cap (not game used, but team issued).
  • lengthwise1
    • May 2013

Re: September 2014 Pick-Ups

Yesterday I picked up this Helton commemorative ball from the second game on 8/17/14, the makeup from 8/16. Michael Cuddyer hit for the cycle, looking forward to getting his beautiful auto on it!
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Comment

• lengthwise1
      • May 2013

oops, pic didnt attahc
      Attached Files
      Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Comment

• Birdbats
        • Nov 2005

Finally got something I've wanted for a long time -- a legit, 1998 Mark McGwire bat. Has everything I was looking for -- correct tar pattern, handle crack, black ink transfer in the proper place, red bat rack transfer, and a personalization -- meaning it was a gift from Mac and not something stolen from his bat bag.

Jeff Scott
        birdbats@charter.net
        http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• onlyalbert
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Birdbats
          Finally got something I've wanted for a long time -- a legit, 1998 Mark McGwire bat. Has everything I was looking for -- correct tar pattern, handle crack, black ink transfer in the proper place, red bat rack transfer, and a personalization -- meaning it was a gift from Mac and not something stolen from his bat bag.

Jeff, you still have the Willie/Mac?

Comment

• ironmanfan
            • Sep 2005

Not necessarily game used, but I did pick up this neat H&B repro bat rack off another forum which will be hung and filled with seven game used bats in the very near future:

Comment

• Nnunnari
              Banned
              • Sep 2006

Gary Sheffield HR Bat. Used on 10/01/05 against Tim Wakefield at Fenway when the Yankees clinched the AL East.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                • Feb 2014

Damon Mashore (A's COA) and Scott Spiezio (style matched to 1997; A's COA) signed & game used batting gloves:

Scott Brosius jacket (A's COA):

Ernie Young jacket (A's COA):

Back of jackets:

Geronimo Berroa signed A's pro cap:

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

Jeff,

Great bat! You wanted a McGwire gamer with a handle crack? Many don't want their gamers with a crack. Just curious, why you do.
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• seanbaseball
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by ironmanfan
                    Not necessarily game used, but I did pick up this neat H&B repro bat rack off another forum which will be hung and filled with seven game used bats in the very near future:

you know of any more like this been looking for one? Thanks
                    seanb@invcon.com

Comment

• Birdbats
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 3arod13
                      Jeff,

Great bat! You wanted a McGwire gamer with a handle crack? Many don't want their gamers with a crack. Just curious, why you do.
                      McGwire typically used a bat until it couldn't be used any longer (crack or deadwood). Collectors should be suspicious of any Cardinals-era McGwire that can still be used unless the provenance is iron clad. Mac had many, many bats stolen from him, especially on the road, and often before they were used. These uncracked bats, usually with incorrect pine tar patterns, flooded the collector market for years. So, my personal rule of thumb regarding McGwire is to seek a bat that is cracked or has deadwood, and is personalized -- suggesting Mac willingly gave it to someone he liked after it was used.
                      Jeff Scott
                      birdbats@charter.net
                      http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• 3arod13
                        • Apr 2006

McGwire typically used a bat until it couldn't be used any longer (crack or deadwood). Collectors should be suspicious of any Cardinals-era McGwire that can still be used unless the provenance is iron clad. Mac had many, many bats stolen from him, especially on the road, and often before they were used. These uncracked bats, usually with incorrect pine tar patterns, flooded the collector market for years. So, my personal rule of thumb regarding McGwire is to seek a bat that is cracked or has deadwood, and is personalized -- suggesting Mac willingly gave it to someone he liked after it was used.
                        Jeff, nice info to know. Thanks and congrats on the bat!
                        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• Juan Gris
                          • Jul 2013

I recently picked up this 2005 MLB Authenticated Adam Dunn bat from rdeversole (thanks again) and spent the last week doing restoration work. The tape that was wrapped around the handle was applied soon after it broke in 2005 and I felt it needed to go. I found 2 clean handle breaks under the tape but the pieces still fit nicely together. The repair came out better than expected with no visible wood glue and absolutely no sanding or removal of any pieces of wood. The bat is slightly less tan where the tape was (this might change with time) but the pine tar and rack marks that were hidden are now on display. I wanted it to look like how it did coming off the field (no tape with the break lines visible) and the bat now feels solid as a rock. In fact, it felt good enough to take to the batting cage when swinging it around this morning.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                            • Feb 2014

Just picked up a pair of Larry Walker game used caps:

Burlington Expos (Midwest League) and Naranjeros de Hermosillo (Mexican Winter League). I'll put up pictures once they arrive.

Comment

• helf35
                              • Jul 2013

Nice Dunn Pick Ups.

Comment

Working...