Oddball Cubs pregame jerseys for auction.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Oddball Cubs pregame jerseys for auction.

On September 1, before the Cubs-Brewers game, the Cubs hosted the kids from the US Little League Champion Jackie Robinson West team from Chicago. Although there was no on-field BP, the team did throwing on the field, hit in the indoor cage, and engaged in other warmup activities, with the JRW kids hamging out with them. As a fundraising gesture, the Cubs wore #42 JRW jersey, brighly colored, in their pregame activities, while the kids were given Cubs game jerseys to wear for the day (specially made for them, not MLB game-used). The kids got to keep their jerseys, while the players' JRW shirts are up for bids on MLB Auctions. I believe that the bids are going towards the JRW team. They are up for bids til 8PM CST on 9/7.

Dave Miedema
  • stasman
    • Dec 2011

Re: Oddball Cubs pregame jerseys for auction.

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
    On September 1, before the Cubs-Brewers game, the Cubs hosted the kids from the US Little League Champion Jackie Robinson West team from Chicago. Although there was no on-field BP, the team did throwing on the field, hit in the indoor cage, and engaged in other warmup activities, with the JRW kids hamging out with them. As a fundraising gesture, the Cubs wore #42 JRW jersey, brighly colored, in their pregame activities, while the kids were given Cubs game jerseys to wear for the day (specially made for them, not MLB game-used). The kids got to keep their jerseys, while the players' JRW shirts are up for bids on MLB Auctions. I believe that the bids are going towards the JRW team. They are up for bids til 8PM CST on 9/7.

Dave Miedema
    They are cool. I bid.

Comment

Working...