PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Cubs pregame jerseys for auction.

sox83cubs84
09-03-2014, 03:54 PM
On September 1, before the Cubs-Brewers game, the Cubs hosted the kids from the US Little League Champion Jackie Robinson West team from Chicago. Although there was no on-field BP, the team did throwing on the field, hit in the indoor cage, and engaged in other warmup activities, with the JRW kids hamging out with them. As a fundraising gesture, the Cubs wore #42 JRW jersey, brighly colored, in their pregame activities, while the kids were given Cubs game jerseys to wear for the day (specially made for them, not MLB game-used). The kids got to keep their jerseys, while the players' JRW shirts are up for bids on MLB Auctions. I believe that the bids are going towards the JRW team. They are up for bids til 8PM CST on 9/7.

Dave Miedema

stasman
09-04-2014, 05:55 PM
On September 1, before the Cubs-Brewers game, the Cubs hosted the kids from the US Little League Champion Jackie Robinson West team from Chicago. Although there was no on-field BP, the team did throwing on the field, hit in the indoor cage, and engaged in other warmup activities, with the JRW kids hamging out with them. As a fundraising gesture, the Cubs wore #42 JRW jersey, brighly colored, in their pregame activities, while the kids were given Cubs game jerseys to wear for the day (specially made for them, not MLB game-used). The kids got to keep their jerseys, while the players' JRW shirts are up for bids on MLB Auctions. I believe that the bids are going towards the JRW team. They are up for bids til 8PM CST on 9/7.

Dave Miedema

They are cool. I bid.