PDA

View Full Version : Will this steriod list ruin your collection

worldchamps
12-27-2006, 03:28 PM
This is from the Dallas Morning News. 100 Players!!!!

Court: Feds entitled to '03 baseball steroid tests

02:06 PM CST on Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO – The names and urine samples of about 100 Major League Baseball players who tested positive three years ago can be used by federal investigators, a court ruled Wednesday – a decision that could have implications for Barry Bonds.
The federal appeals court ruling could bolster the government's perjury case against Bonds if his name is among those who tested positive. The slugger has been the target of a perjury investigation since he testified before a 2004 grand jury that he didn't knowingly use illegal drugs.
Greg Anderson, Bonds' personal trainer, is currently in prison for refusing to testify in the perjury probe. Anderson previously was convicted of steroids distribution.
Investigators seized computer files containing the 2003 test results during raids in 2004 on three labs involved in the MLB testing program.
The unidentified samples had been collected as part of a MLB survey to gauge the prevalence of steroid use. The testing was anonymous under the terms of baseball's labor contract, but each player was assigned a code number to be matched with his name.
Michael Weiner, general counsel for the players' union, didn't immediately respond to a telephone call and e-mail seeking comment.

staindsox
12-27-2006, 07:29 PM
I am absolutely ecstatic...we deserve to know. Now let's see if all hundred names will actually be released.

richpick
12-27-2006, 07:55 PM
If these names are released then those 100 players will have to answer the questions that the fans and media will want answers for and just because a players name is not on the list does not mean that they did not use just that they were not caught. It is a sad day for baseball the league has positioned itself in a no win situation with all this steroid stuff.

ahuff
12-28-2006, 06:52 AM
To me, it is like Christmas all over again. I can't wait until those 100 names are released. We deserve to know who cheated, and they can no longer hide! After all, these are FAILED drug tests, if I understand correctly. Can't argue with that, though, I am sure quite a few will.