PDA

View Full Version : New to football jerseys looking for some info

helf35
09-05-2014, 10:33 AM
I am thinking about getting into some football jerseys but have a question. I have noticed alot of issued jerseys for sale but they are not the correct size. I have recently seen an Urlacher listed as issued but its a size 52 and most of the used ones i have seen are smaller. Is this standard practice for teams to make wrong sizes or bigger sizes for a player are the majority of these jerseys blank issued jerseys that people fill out the backs? Any insight to this would be much appreciated.

Phil316
09-05-2014, 03:54 PM
That is a great question.

From my experience I notice at NFL auctions some teams will customize the wrong size jersey and have the player sign it and it is sold as signed. Of course it ends up being sold as a team issued jersey. I have seen unsigned jerseys sell as well.

I also come across the "customizer" this is the person that either does it themselves or goes straight to the company who does the specific teams jerseys and has the jerseys customized with the players name ect....

esigs
09-05-2014, 05:10 PM
I once stopped by a Cowboys team store that was located in a business park. This was not a retail store, but more like an outlet store where they sold some player items such as pants and cleats, and they had many jerseys with the numbers and names of top players but in very large sizes (ie., Bryant jersey size 52 with +6 length). These were not retail authentic; they had tags from Berlin, Wisconsin.

From what I read in posts here, it sounds like some teams at the end of the season will take leftover blank jerseys and add name and numbers of top players and sell them, but I don't know if they labeled these jerseys as team issued.

perlman9
09-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I also believe some may be used for events, etc. I have seen jerseys as big as 60!