PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Rockies Todd Helton Retirement Baseball

Wrigley2010
09-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Looking for one of these either used or new... I know the only way to get one is at Coors Field. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

xpress34
09-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Looking for one of these either used or new... I know the only way to get one is at Coors Field. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Not completely accurate.

They sold GU balls at Coors Field GU Kiosk (Sold out all three games allotments on Friday night), but the Dry Goods Store (owned by Aramark)did NOT carry the Official Rawlings Ball with the 17 on it - only the commemorative version.

The Rockies Dug Out Stores (owned by the Rockies) were the only place to buy the 'new in cube' OFFICIAL Rawlings Balls and they sod out more than a week before the Helton Retirement Weekend with no plans to restock as it was a Special Order for the weekend only (Aug 15-17) and approved for use by MLB only for those three games.

I would check eBay, but you're going to pay a Premium. I got ONE (in cube) from a Dug Out Store and ONE GU at the kiosk (1st ball taken out on Sunday the 17th - the actual game where they retired Todd's number).

Last time I checked, the 'new in cube' ones were selling for upwards of $50 - $75 each.

Just an FYI.

- Smitty

Wrigley2010
09-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have stated you can only buy them from the Rockies instead of just Coors field which I was aware of. I know Helton has a royalty agreement which is making these baseballs tougher to obtain. Thanks again.