PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the Cincinnati Bengals

ChrisCavalier
09-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Very classy move:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/bengals-promote-devon-daughter-battling-cancer-active-roster-article-1.1935200

gingi79
09-15-2014, 08:26 PM
I love the response to this. Literally thousands and thousands of people have bought these jerseys and in turn pediatric cancer is getting a much needed influx of capital to help fight this terrible affliction.

I was sorry to hear the other two types of Nike jerseys won't be going to the same cause. I'm betting people would gladly buy a more expensive version if the funds would go to the kids as well.

Taking that point just a smidge further....I wish the Bengals would have put his game worn jerseys up for sale every week as well. I'm a proud member of GUU and I have seen how kind and giving our members can be. Plus, we are only a percentage of the people who would just bid for the cause. Imagine how much more we could help raise?

For the last 4 years, I've been growing my hair for Locks of Love. When my ponytail finally gets cut off, it will be donated and made into a wig so some beautiful warrior battling cancer who lost her hair doesn't feel less pretty. As a teacher, it's been a teachable moment to help kids help other kids.

I'll always love my Dolphins but after hearing this story, I'm a proud Bengals fan as well.