Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danesei@yahoo.com
    • Feb 2014

Yankees BP

Does anyone know if the Yankees use MiLB balls for BP?
  • TFig27
    • Oct 2006

Re: Yankees BP

They do not
    sigpic
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by TFig27
      They do not
      Thanks TFig.

Comment

• coxfan
        • Feb 2009

Not specific to the Yankees, but occasionally teams will throw in a BP balls that come from odd sources. this has come up a few times in old posts here.

The AAA Charlotte Knights use game-used balls for BP, and then sell them as game-used. But I've seen White Sox BP balls (sent down from the big club) wind up in the Knights' "game-used" basket. Recently they had a Florida State League ball in the "game-used" basket though it was obviously not used in a Knights' game. So watch out for the occasional exception.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
          • Feb 2014

Well, the reason for my question was a Cano BP bat that was on eBay. There were MiLB ball marks on the bat, and it was inscribed 2010, so I got confused. The item was listed as GU, but was a blonde BP bat. In any case, the seller agreed to refund me, so it's now a non-issue. I just didn't see a logical reason to accept a blonde Cano bat that had little/no pine tar on the mid-label, MiLB ball marks (the batterman with stars), and BP stamp. Initially, I was considering keeping it, since it might have been used during the HR derby or All-Star warm-up, but decided against it when I saw the fairly strong MiLB ball marking.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by coxfan
            Not specific to the Yankees, but occasionally teams will throw in a BP balls that come from odd sources. this has come up a few times in old posts here.

The AAA Charlotte Knights use game-used balls for BP, and then sell them as game-used. But I've seen White Sox BP balls (sent down from the big club) wind up in the Knights' "game-used" basket. Recently they had a Florida State League ball in the "game-used" basket though it was obviously not used in a Knights' game. So watch out for the occasional exception.
            I've had it go the other way a couple of times. A White Sox BP ball tossed to me by Ellis Burks was a Midwest League ball (the Sox had a farm club in South Bend at the time)..I also made a nice running catch on the lowest walkway down the LF line at old County Staium on a foul ball hit by Dave Henderson of the Royals...it was a ball from their AAA team at Omaha.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• lengthwise1
              • May 2013

Originally posted by danesei@yahoo.com
              I cant speak to the yanks specifically, but in the 100's of BP balls I've caught, I have never seen an MiLB one at a MLB game. For background, most of my catches have been at Coors Field.

Good luck!
              Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Comment

• lengthwise1
                • May 2013

I cant speak to the yanks specifically, but in the 100's of BP balls I've caught, I have never seen an MiLB one at a MLB game. For background, most of my catches have been at Coors Field.

Good luck!
                Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Comment

• lengthwise1
                  • May 2013

Good luck!

Comment

• lengthwise1
                    • May 2013

sorry about the multiple replys, on a flight with a horrible connection and it gave me errors, didnt realize it was posting.

Comment

Working...