PDA

View Full Version : Dan Marino Silver Season On E bay

Cubanfan
09-17-2014, 05:53 AM
Anyone have thoughts on this one? I have never seen a Marino gamer without tags. The seller states it was hemmed above the tag line. It doesn't appear to me that it was hemmed at all. Has anyone seen a tag less Marino?

RARE 1990 DAN MARINO MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME WORN USED JERSEY, SIGNED w PSA LOA

Carlos

"Always buying 60's,70's Dolphins"
Fernsix@aol.com

Cubanfan
09-17-2014, 05:56 AM
Sorry. Forgot to attach link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171460395072

Carlos

xsentrixsupra
09-17-2014, 07:58 AM
I don't see a PSA LOA in the pics he provided. The LOA he does show is a JSA and it is just for the signature. It just says signed jersey, it does not say anything about it being game worn/used.

BrianK
09-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Someone is poised for a nice profit.
http://vsaauctions.com/dan-marino-1990-miami-dolphins-professional-model--lot19582.aspx

Krsoneus
09-17-2014, 07:35 PM
If thats the same jersey, and it does look like its the same JSA cert. Then it looks like it was modified correct since it was sold thru VSA?
I dont see the black armband on it when it was sold at auction thru VSA, and VSA describes it as "No Use" but theres a photo of a small tear in the jersey now on ebay....

Cubanfan
09-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Appears to me it is the same jersey based on the JSA number.

Carlos

cjw
09-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Same Ebay seller is commented upon in a thread about Jays and Yankees jackets etc having been purchased through H&S auctions and resold on Ebay with descriptions that might be stretching reality IMO.

Phil316
09-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Yup that is the same Marino.

Wow he added the armband, he put rips into the jersey, he customized the whole thing.

Crazy stuff.

jbean023
09-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Same jersey, no changes. VSA just did a terrible job marketing and listing, if you zoom in on back of jersey photo armband and tears present.

earlywynnfan
09-19-2014, 06:39 AM
If you look closely, the black armband IS in the VA pics.

Jags Fan Dan
09-19-2014, 07:34 AM
So are we to believe they had a Marino game used jersey with tears in it that they listed with no use in the title?

Cubanfan
09-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Really bugs me to see someone getting ready to be ripped off and do nothing about it. Who besides E Bay can it be reported to?

beachpetrol
09-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Really bugs me to see someone getting ready to be ripped off and do nothing about it. Who besides E Bay can it be reported to?
Not that I condone doing this, but maybe setup an auction for a similar jersey and in the description explain why this jersey is not legit. Maybe the winner of this jersey will see the fake auction and find out that way. But I am thinking that may break several Ebay rules and put someone's ebay account in jeopardy. Just a thought.

Jdon64
09-21-2014, 01:22 AM
Not that I condone doing this, but maybe setup an auction for a similar jersey and in the description explain why this jersey is not legit. Maybe the winner of this jersey will see the fake auction and find out that way. But I am thinking that may break several Ebay rules and put someone's ebay account in jeopardy. Just a thought.

Actually Fellas there is a "REPORT ITEM" located just above the eBay item # on right hand side above the description. There is a drop down list of selections and "fradulent" seems to be the most accurate. I am sure that if enough people reported the item. It should get eBay's attention before it ends in 18 hours. I am not saying you all should do this, but just stating that it is there for use by eBay members who believe there are various problems with an item.