PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation that this is not a player helmet!

njhh
09-23-2014, 11:22 PM
Hi folks,

First time poster - just seeking confirmation that this helmet is not a player helmet. I picked it up for nostalgia /display sake as I am a 38 year Brit who grew up supporting the 49ers!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Nick

atomic912s
09-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Take some pictures of the inside helmet stickers, one kinda looks like a recertification sticker, also if your able to take the padding out look for numbers. I have never held a 49ers gamer helmet, I know people here have them!!

BrianK
09-24-2014, 09:38 PM
It looks like the helmet was used, but not necessarily by a 49er. My guess is a high school helmet that's been repainted.

bgakladd
09-25-2014, 12:00 AM
It looks like the helmet was used, but not necessarily by a 49er. My guess is a high school helmet that's been repainted.

With it being a size medium it might even be at a freshman- sophomore high school year level. Pretty much looks like 49ers decals added along with the same color facemask and new clips to give it that "Pro" style look.

helmets
09-25-2014, 03:31 AM
With it being a size medium it might even be at a freshman- sophomore high school year level. Pretty much looks like 49ers decals added along with the same color facemask and new clips to give it that "Pro" style look.

So there are no medium helmets in the NFL. Right. Only medium helmets are worn by high school freshmen and sophomores. Got it.

bgakladd
09-25-2014, 05:30 PM
So there are no medium helmets in the NFL. Right. Only medium helmets are worn by high school freshmen and sophomores. Got it.

Helmets, I am not offended by your comments. If you will look at what I said, the context was referring BrianK's response to it being a high school helmet. I didn't mention anything about the NFL not wearing a size medium. After looking at the inside of the helmet and the forehead pad sticking past the blue bladder, on the size medium. I'm thinking a younger high school player than varsity level. After the hundreds of high school helmets I have seen go thru the refurbishing and recertification process thru a local sporting goods store, this helmet looks close to what a high school or semi-pro player would wear at least by the looks of what I see on the inside jaw pad areas. I still don't think it was an NFL game worn helmet. I have seen plenty of NFL game worn helmets wearing the medium size red dot Schutt Pro Air ll helmets.

njhh
09-26-2014, 03:35 AM
Thanks gents for the helpful replies to my initial question - most appreciated. Cheers, Nick