PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS - Mike Specht Joins Global Authentication Team

ChrisCavalier
12-19-2005, 04:59 AM
Hello Everyone-

I have recently been informed by Steve Rocchi (President and CEO of Global Authentication, Inc.) that Mike Specht, the man we have all come to love for his insightful posts on this forum as well as his fantastic blogs in GUU Experts' Corner, has been added to Global Authentication's team of expert authenticators and will be responsible for authenticating game-used bats.

Mike will be joining a growing team of game-used experts at Global that will complement, among other things, Global's card and autograph authentication services. After speaking with Steve Rocchi, I am personally very impressed with what Global is doing, particularly in the game-used segment. In fact, I asked Steve if he wouldn't mind giving forum members an update on what is happening at Global and he said he will likely post something on the forum this week.

In terms of game-used authenticators, Global's team now consists of:

Rob Steinmetz (Modern Baseball Jerseys)
Darrell O'Mary (Vintage Baseball)
Bernie Gernay (Modern Football)
Mike Specht (Game-Used Bats)

I think this is great news for the hobby. In addition, I think Global should be congratulated for adding such a fantastic person to their growing team of authenticators.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

JimCaravello
12-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Congratulations Mike! Global couldn't have selected a more honest and knowledgeable guy for bats!! Best of luck!

ChrisCavalier
12-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Global couldn't have selected a more honest and knowledgeable guy for bats!!
Hello Jim-

I totally agree.

However, I feel compelled to add that those who know you would also put you in the same class of people as Mike. Thanks for all your contributions to the forum and the Experts' Corner. I trust bat collectors realize the privilege they have in reading your blogs.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

JimCaravello
12-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi Chris - thanks for the kind remarks!....just trying to help out as many collectors as possible.....Happy Holidays to all! Jim Caravello

encinorick
12-19-2005, 12:41 PM
I trust Steve with Global completely. He is honest, professional and a very pleasant guy as well. Congragulations to Global. One question: Who is their expert with regard to basketball? I had some GU Lakers jerseys authenticated by Global a couple of years ago when Bushing was working for Global, is he still with them? Thanks:)

RobSteinmetz
12-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Rick,

As far as I know, Global does not have a basketball expert at this time. Although not convenient for the basketball collector looking to have an item authenticated by a third party, this is the main reason I chose to work with Global. Steve has done a great job of assembling a larger panel of niche experts who can examine items within their specific area of expertise. Love or hate third party authenticators, this is the most efficient, effective, and accurate way to authenticate game used memorabilia (aside from doing your own homework). I'm honored to be involved with Global and it's newest authenticator, Mike Specht. Welcome aboard.

Best,

Rob Steinmetz
www.authenticgamers.com (http://www.authenticgamers.com)

encinorick
12-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the information. I noticed that Global did the LOA's for the recent Universal Rarities auction, which included a few Kobe/Lakers items. Do you know who authenticated those items for Global?

RobSteinmetz
12-19-2005, 04:09 PM
I spoke to Steve about this auction, because I received dozens of emails from people asking if I authenticated the modern game used equipment. If you saw a game used item in that auction, it was either authenticated as game used when Dan Knoll and Dave Bushing worked with Global (the Ripken discussed in this forum), or only the autograph was authenticated by Global. In the second scenario, I am told that the letter for the autograph would clearly state that it was for the autograph ONLY. I realize this is very confusing as a bidder, so hopefully next time UR will clarify what specifically the LOA is for in their future descriptions.

Best,

Rob Steinmetz
www.authenticgamers.com (http://www.authenticgamers.com)

cjmedina1
12-20-2005, 01:18 AM
I am pleased with my emails I had exchange with Mike.He even put me intouch with a co-auther of Bats book.I wanted to get some info on Mcgwire bats and he helped me find that info.Some day I hope to meet you Mike.Keep up the good work.:D
Carlie Medina III
Carliemedina3@sbcglobal.net