Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

Louisville Slugger Retiring the P72 Model in Honor of Jeter

I suppose they didn't consider doing this when Ripken retired since he had tinkered with other models & brands over his career:

The official website of the New York Yankees with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.
  • TG19
    • Jul 2014

Re: Louisville Slugger Retiring the P72 Model in Honor of Jeter

Jeter is a Great Player but I would take Ripken over Jeter anyday!!

Check out this link....

Email: BonamoRacing@yahoo.com

Comment

• carbonrosa
      • Jun 2012

Louisville slugger to change P72 to DJ2

2014 will be the last year that the Louisville slugger will be calling the bat Jeter uses the P72. Starting 2015 they will honor Derek Jeter calling it "the DJ2". They let him order the very last batch ever produced of the P72 to use as he pleases. Pretty cool

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
        • Feb 2014

And I would take ARod over Jeter any day, as well. I still don't, to this day, understand why ARod didn't insist on playing SS when the Yankees acquired him. Derek Jeter wasn't even the best SS on the Yankees, let alone in all of baseball.

Comment

• Roady
          • Jun 2012

Re: Louisville slugger to change P72 to DJ2

This Jeter hero worship is ridiculous
          The best future HOF player on the Yankees is Ichiro. He destroys Jeter in nearly every lifetime offensive and defensive category. Jeter is the most overrated player I have ever seen.

Comment

• DJaeger22
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by danesei@yahoo.com
            And I would take ARod over Jeter any day, as well. I still don't, to this day, understand why ARod didn't insist on playing SS when the Yankees acquired him. Derek Jeter wasn't even the best SS on the Yankees, let alone in all of baseball.
            Because Arod respected Jeter and knew it was his team/position.
            Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
            jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Comment

• Roady
              • Jun 2012

This Jeter hero worship is ridiculous
              The best future HOF player on the Yankees is Ichiro. He destroys Jeter in nearly every lifetime offensive and defensive category. Jeter is the most overrated player I have ever seen.

Comment

• Roady
                • Jun 2012

This is the only I have ever agreed with Keith Olbermann, I can't stand Olbermann. But this time the is right on the money.

Comment

• beachpetrol
                  • Aug 2013

Statistics aside, I think what people fail to recognize is Jeter, along with Rivera, spent their entire career with the storied Yankees. Not too many players in the modern era can lay claim to playing for one team, especially the Yankees.

Comment

• Wrigley2010
                    • Sep 2010

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Roady
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by beachpetrol
                      Statistics aside, I think what people fail to recognize is Jeter, along with Rivera, spent their entire career with the storied Yankees. Not too many players in the modern era can lay claim to playing for one team, especially the Yankees.
                      Playing an entire career with the "storied Yankees" contributed to Jeter's inflated imaginary worth more than Jeter contributed to the Yankees. Playing for the "storied Yankees" does not make him a better player.

Comment

• tigerdale
                        • Dec 2007

I don't think this is about who is better than whoever else....its about Louisville Slugger honoring Jeter who used their bat & the same model number for 20 years w/out ever wavering. That's incredible in todays age w/ all the different bat companies out there. Nice of Louisville to do that I think.
                        always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                        Thank you, Dale
                        tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• Roady
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by tigerdale
                          I don't think this is about who is better than whoever else....its about Louisville Slugger honoring Jeter who used their bat & the same model number for 20 years w/out ever wavering. That's incredible in todays age w/ all the different bat companies out there. Nice of Louisville to do that I think.
                          Good post and good point.
                          I guess I am just burnt out on the Jeter is a baseball god junk.
                          I shall refrain myself and let those who worship his imaginary baseball greatness continue to worship him in peace.

Comment

• Skizzick
                            • Mar 2011

Did Jeter pass away and I just didn't hear about it yet? The dedications? The patches? The yearlong memorial ceremony? Oh dear.

RIP Derek Jeter

Comment

• gorilla777
                              • Aug 2009

Well, thank goodness you aren't getting all worked up over it.

Comment

Working...