PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Reds Vest on Mears

CPuente57
09-27-2014, 08:16 PM
http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/2000_Ken_Griffey_Jr__Cincinnati_Reds_Game_Worn_Roa-LOT79684.aspx

Opinions on this?

teddy406
09-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Looks good to me. I like that it's from his first year with the Reds-and it was his best year with the Reds too. Matches up with well with photos from Getty's as well. Got a perfect 10 grade so Mear's obviously liked it.

gorilla777
09-27-2014, 09:46 PM
I'd be cautious with these Junior vests from the 2000 period, as there were a ton floating around, being his first year back in Cincy. He was giving them away as gifts left and right, as was pointed out to me frequently by a couple of well-known dealers in the area. Most will have typical light use. And the Mears part you can decide if it matters or not.

teddy406
09-28-2014, 08:29 AM
I agree that you have to be careful with ALL Junior items. He did that, not only with the Reds but with the Mariners too. This particular jersey was submitted by a fellow forum member to Mears and it came from directly from Kruk Cards, which purchased a ton of Red's gamers directly from the team after the season. I believe this one is legit.

teddy406
09-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Ryan. Yea, Kruk Cards purchased a ton of Red's jerseys after 2000 from the Reds. Might have been even a few years after that season. They had a lot of different years. I think it's legit-so does Mears. I might pursue it if it doesn't get out of hand. He's coming up for the HOF. Hope this helps.