Patrick Willis...No Game Use to Lots of Game Use!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoctorLoomis
    • Nov 2007

Patrick Willis...No Game Use to Lots of Game Use!

This Patrick Willis jersey mysteriously picked up some major use in only a few days. Notice the front shoulder area. This is pathetic.

ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.
  • DoctorLoomis
    • Nov 2007

Re: Patrick Willis...No Game Use to Lots of Game Use!

In case another mystery occurs and the auctions get deleted I've added before and after pics.......
    Attached Files
    ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
      • Nov 2007

Before.......
      Attached Files

Comment

• beachpetrol
        • Aug 2013

Wash tag looks different on both jersey pics. Notice the white stitch pattern and the "2013" looks to be in a different spot.

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by beachpetrol
          Wash tag looks different on both jersey pics. Notice the white stitch pattern and the "2013" looks to be in a different spot.
          If these are different jerseys then he must have a cache of $3000 Patrick Willis jerseys lying around.

Comment

• beachpetrol
            • Aug 2013

I noticed the nameplates are different as well. So you think they changed the nameplate on the issued jersey to make it look like a different jersey and add some wear to it, to make it look game used? Even though nowhere in the current auction does it say game worn or game used.

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
              • Nov 2007

I noticed the nameplates are different as well. So you think they changed the nameplate on the issued jersey to make it look like a different jersey and add some wear to it, to make it look game used? Even though nowhere in the current auction does it say game worn or game used.
              I'll agree it doesn't say game used...but it does say "some use with several hit marks". I wonder where those hit marks came from. Further, I stand by my previous comment that this guy has a cache of jerseys lying around that happen to be worth 3-4K a piece.....from the same player....from the same year....both road jerseys....and not a lick of provenance, history, etc. I leave it to each collector to form their own opinion. I have definitely formed mine.

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
                • Nov 2007

My friend when I'm wrong I say I'm wrong. The plates are different. I should've looked closer. But I still wonder where those "hit marks and transfer markings" came from...on a superstar player jersey without one shred of provenance.

Comment

• xsentrixsupra
                  • Feb 2014

I've spoken to him before on some 49ers jerseys. He said his dad is an entertianment lawyer and specifically works with XAM which represents Kaepernick. I ended up not feeling comfortable with it, but the guy did seem knowledgable so for better or worse, he does seem to know what is what. He said he actually does have boxes of jerseys dating from back to 09. He was talking about the difference between replating a jersey and game used. In the end seemed like a nice guy, but I looked at photos of all the games from the season the jersey was represented as and couldn't match up any of the marks, so I ended up passing.

Comment

• Roady
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by DoctorLoomis
                    My friend when I'm wrong I say I'm wrong. The plates are different. I should've looked closer. But I still wonder where those "hit marks and transfer markings" came from...on a superstar player jersey without one shred of provenance.
                    I am wrong but there must be something to make me right.
                    Some of you guys are like those Bigfoot hunters. You see a Bigfoot in every photo and behind every tree.
                    You should apologize to the seller.

Comment

• xsentrixsupra
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Roady
                      I am wrong but there must be something to make me right.
                      Some of you guys are like those Bigfoot hunters. You see a Bigfoot in every photo and behind every tree.
                      You should apologize to the seller.
                      I know what you mean, by it being a type of witch hunt, whenever something is posted, people want everything to be absolutely perfect and go out of their way to find flaws and raise questions.

In this case though it does seem like people have raised some legit concerns. It isn't the typical "well this mesh hole is off .00002 cm from the edge of the # it must be fake" I'm not 1 of the people who goes to that detail, but I was looking at this jersey when he had it for sale earlier and just wasn't able to find anything even remotely close to the marks on the shoulder area. That's not to say 100% it's not legit as the guy seemed like a nice dude, but there are plenty of pics with a simple Google image search of every half of every game from that season with Willis playing and I wasn't able to find anything close.

Comment

• COWBOYS4EVR
                        • Dec 2011

IMO, seems to be 2 different jerseys.
                        Spacing between the 5-2 is different.

Comment

• Phil316
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by COWBOYS4EVR
                          IMO, seems to be 2 different jerseys.
                          Spacing between the 5-2 is different.
                          In my opinion they are 2 different jerseys.

The only thing that is odd is him talking about replating.

Comment

• xsentrixsupra
                            • Feb 2014

I offered him 500 for a Boldin jersey and a Kaepernick jersey he had and he declined

Comment

• CollectGU
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Phil316
                              In my opinion they are 2 different jerseys.

The only thing that is odd is him talking about replating.
                              Two totally different jerseys, Loomis owes the seller an apology.....

Comment

Working...