PDA

View Full Version : Using limited space for hanging bats

jake33
10-12-2014, 02:53 PM
I am not done with my Game used Tampa Bay Rays room yet, still probably a year or 2 away from really where I want it to be. However, just hung the game bats this morning.

With the heating vents in the basement, the small narrow wall was a space was something that I wanted to make use of. Originally, I was going to locker nameplates, but with all the different sizes, it was not going to look very symmetrical and orderly.

My significant other suggested hanging bats in an angled way, which would look better than just straight across, which doesn't use more of the narrow wall space...
Purchased $1.20 per rubber coated metal hooks that I bought at Lowe's.
The hooks wouldn't be great for anything too heavy, especially with dry wall behind it only, but with bats not weighing too much, this worked out great and was very inexpensive.

I was able to hang 10 bats across the room. I am not a big game used bat collector, so having 10 bats worked out well.
LED only lighting in the basement too to preserve autographs and logos.

Centurio
10-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Very, very nice . Creative solution.

Wrigley2010
10-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Jake that looks great. I just moved and now have to put the man cave in a spare bedroom so I also have to be creative so I could get the most out of the available wall space. Just put these shelves up today and I am happy with the outcome. Oh and it was way cheaper than the bat rack I nearly purchased which means more money for my game used addiction :D

jake33
10-13-2014, 04:40 AM
I like that Joe, you use the height of the room, and keep the barrels around eye level and get a lot in a small space.

stasman
10-13-2014, 07:22 AM
These are my 2005 White Sox Gamers.