PDA

View Full Version : Lets see your Cards OT

onlyalbert
10-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Picked up a few OT items. Some cool stuff from his MLB debut game 5-31-14. Jersey is 2014 ST.

onlyalbert
10-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Here's the cool one. Jersey he wore to hit his first postseason HR in GM 2 last Sunday.

jscott0688
10-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Nice! How did you manage this?

brianborsch
10-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Wow! That's quite the collection! Hist 1st MLB hit/HR?! Ridiculous! Simply amazing!

yanks12025
10-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Why wouldn't he keep his first career hit/homer ball??

chrisbeer32
10-19-2014, 09:02 AM
You know it's a good day when you bring a shopping cart!!!

helf35
10-19-2014, 10:33 AM
WOW! How did you manage that pull?

JDF5244
10-19-2014, 11:25 AM
"Why wouldn't he keep his first career hit/homer ball??"

Because he needed an extra couple of hundred bucks….

joelsabi
10-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Title should be "Tavaras Debut Collection." Must have been an amazing offer to convince him to give up this stuff. Tell us the detail por favor.

onlyalbert
10-19-2014, 12:18 PM
You know it's a good day when you bring a shopping cart!!!

It's funny you mentioned the shopping cart. Those are used by the residents of the complex, but yes, we filled two of em not counting the bats!

Hoosier39
10-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Must have been a dealers meet and greet/buy? Those hgpdiamond guys on Ebay just listed some of his items and he's wearing the same shirt and shorts in their pics.

onlyalbert
10-19-2014, 06:32 PM
This bat was mixed in with the others. You don't see many pitchers bats so I picked it up. I remember the announcers making fun of him for using pitchers bats. Another forum member showed me a Getty of him using it on 9-16-14 so I dug a littler deeper.....

Nnunnari
10-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Anyone else here Oscar passed away?

sctizzle
10-26-2014, 07:24 PM
On October 26, 2014, El Nuevo Diario, along with other sources reported that Taveras died in a car accident.[27][28]

According to Wikipedia which is not always reliable...haven't seen it on any other news sites yet..

helf35
10-26-2014, 07:25 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/10/oscar-taveras-dies-in-car-accident.html

HawaiiSportsNut
10-26-2014, 07:26 PM
I just read about Oscar Taveras passing. Unbelievably sad.

http://deadspin.com/reports-cardinals-prospect-oscar-taveras-killed-in-car-1651077218

helf35
10-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Kid had lots of potential, very sad. Cardinals have been hit with a few of these in the last decade with Kile, Hancock and not Tavares.

yanks12025
10-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Wow. That's so sad. He was so young and had a long career ahead of him.

RIP

seanbaseball
10-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Rest in peace Oscar. Guess he had a bigger more important call-up. Very Very sad

yanks12025
10-26-2014, 07:51 PM
What's also sad is he pretty much sold off all his stuff. So now people will try to gain more money on his death and his family doesn't have anything really memorabila from his career

Roady
10-26-2014, 09:05 PM
What's also sad is he pretty much sold off all his stuff. So now people will try to gain more money on his death and his family doesn't have anything really memorabila from his career

I am not sure any money can be made off his stuff. Unfortunately he is regulated as a footnote in baseball history now.
I am not aware of anyone who pays big prices for a player who just started his big league career and passed away.

seanbaseball
10-26-2014, 09:14 PM
This isn't Thurman Munson or Roberto Clemente who had a nice career before death. Plus I know Jason isn't the type to try to gain on a tragedy.

Roady
10-26-2014, 09:16 PM
This isn't Thurman Munson or Roberto Clemente who had a nice career before death. Plus I know Jason isn't the type to try to gain on a tragedy.

Exactly

helf35
10-26-2014, 09:36 PM
I am not sure any money can be made off his stuff. Unfortunately he is regulated as a footnote in baseball history now.
I am not aware of anyone who pays big prices for a player who just started his big league career and passed away.

There will be a quick peak for the next week or so on a lot of his items. Right now balls are going for well over $100 on ebay. Long term I agree that the value will drop signigicantly.

helf35
10-26-2014, 09:37 PM
I still wouldn't mind picking up one of his bats.

Roady
10-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Plenty of his items being listed tonight on Ebay. All of them very overpriced.

cfern023
10-26-2014, 10:20 PM
I posted this on another Board, but i feel this way about it.

I feel for his family... and sadly I'm worried it wasn't by his own hand.

If you collect memoribillia, you'd have noticed all of his game worn items from his rookie year have surfaced since the moment he was written into the lineup card. Just recently, in the last week he sold not only his Jersey from his NLDS game 2 Home Run, but also his first MLB Hit/ HR Ball, all of his memorable bats, shoes , socks, cleats, hats, balls, jerseys, pants and even some of his minor league items.

The skeptic in me thinks he was run off the road in the DR or killed because of some financial situation or debt he or his family had/has. His life was tragically cut short, and the Cardinals waiting to put out a press release is telling me there's more to this.

May he and his family find peace in knowing so many are shocked by his death.

God Bless

seanbaseball
10-26-2014, 10:40 PM
I posted this on another Board, but i feel this way about it.

I feel for his family... and sadly I'm worried it wasn't by his own hand.

If you collect memoribillia, you'd have noticed all of his game worn items from his rookie year have surfaced since the moment he was written into the lineup card. Just recently, in the last week he sold not only his Jersey from his NLDS game 2 Home Run, but also his first MLB Hit/ HR Ball, all of his memorable bats, shoes , socks, cleats, hats, balls, jerseys, pants and even some of his minor league items.

The skeptic in me thinks he was run off the road in the DR or killed because of some financial situation or debt he or his family had/has. His life was tragically cut short, and the Cardinals waiting to put out a press release is telling me there's more to this.

May he and his family find peace in knowing so many are shocked by his death.

God Bless

ok. and here are the nuts! Lots of guys sell stuff cuz they don't care about it. Matt adams sells everything so I guess he owes bad people. Come on. Respect him and don't diminish his short life.

cfern023
10-26-2014, 11:22 PM
ok. and here are the nuts! Lots of guys sell stuff cuz they don't care about it. Matt adams sells everything so I guess he owes bad people. Come on. Respect him and don't diminish his short life.

I can respect him and have my own opinions. You what you will with your life, but to consider me nuts because I took an opinion based on all the facts only shows how small minded and feeble you may be.

My opinion is just that, my opinion. After hearing he ran off the road on a highway he probably traveled a million times I still believe what I believe.

His death is tragic, no matter the circumstances.

emann
10-26-2014, 11:37 PM

I don't know who Jason is, but the Taveras cleats that HGP has on ebay just jumped from $350 to $1000 in their listings.

seanbaseball
10-26-2014, 11:41 PM
Cardinals authentics has a Taveras cap at auction. I emailed Grant that runs this program that this needs to be removed and donated to his family, if not I will no longer bid on anything. Im assuming they listed it before his death, so I shall wait for them to do the right thing.

seanbaseball
10-26-2014, 11:45 PM
I don't know who Jason is, but the Taveras cleats that HGP has on ebay just jumped from $350 to $1000 in their listings.

That's not Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roady
10-27-2014, 05:42 AM
Someone will be paying $1000 for a pair of door stops.

Roady
10-27-2014, 05:44 AM
Cardinals authentics has a Taveras cap at auction. I emailed Grant that runs this program that this needs to be removed and donated to his family, if not I will no longer bid on anything. Im assuming they listed it before his death, so I shall wait for them to do the right thing.

What will your stance on this be if it comes out he was speeding and got an innocent person killed?

helf35
10-27-2014, 07:49 AM

I like your passion her but there is probably a good chance he had some sort of life insurance policy since he is a major league ball player. It might even be something that is negotiated through the mlbpa. Don't they donate all auction proceeds to charity? I thought the cardinals send most of it to St. Judes childrens hospital. Could be a nice chunk of change for them.

seanbaseball
10-27-2014, 09:19 AM
What will your stance on this be if it comes out he was speeding and got an innocent person killed?

The same. Would be even more tragic. Young people do dumb things

Roady
10-27-2014, 09:24 AM
The same. Would be even more tragic. Young people do dumb things
I meant that fact that his girlfriend who was 18 died also. I have not heard any details yet of how or why the accident happened but if it comes out that he was speeding and driving reckless I would think your thoughts about him would change somewhat from they are now.

seanbaseball
10-27-2014, 09:31 AM
I meant that fact that his girlfriend who was 18 died also. I have not heard any details yet of how or why the accident happened but if it comes out that he was speeding and driving reckless I would think your thoughts about him would change somewhat from they are now.

Nope. No change. Weve all done dumb things being young and feeling invincible. I doubt he wanted to die and kill his girlfriend.

helf35
10-27-2014, 10:17 AM
I think one possibility to think about is could this been some sort of kidnapping gone wrong. How many red Camero's are driving around the DR? Could have been a freak random accident but you never know. People are held for ransom all the time in some of these other countries.

cfern023
10-27-2014, 11:48 AM
I think one possibility to think about is could this been some sort of kidnapping gone wrong. How many red Camero's are driving around the DR? Could have been a freak random accident but you never know. People are held for ransom all the time in some of these other countries.

Shoot, how many 2014's are driving around in those countries. It could be a 2014 Corolla and it turns heads.

BirdsOnBat
10-27-2014, 12:47 PM

They removed that listing.

Steve

yanks12025
10-27-2014, 02:45 PM
HGP has no morals or ethics. Jacking up their prices on all of his items to try to make a higher profit off his death.

helf35
10-27-2014, 02:49 PM
HGP has no morals or ethics. Jacking up their prices on all of his items to try to make a higher profit off his death.

True but it doesnt look like anyone is buying.

helf35
11-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Even Sadder to hear he was 5X the leagal limit.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/11/12/cardinals-oscar-taveras-fatal-crash-bac?xid=aol_home&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl13%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D562720

onlyalbert
11-14-2014, 06:18 PM
In light of the recent even more tragic news I thought I would try and brighten this thread a little bit. The team store had one of his bats up on auction before he passed away. It's a Maness model but auth to Taveras use broken about 4 days after hitting his second career HR. I was able to get a match to it before the auction ended with some extra pics. The bat is being repaired by Jeff Scott of Birdbats. The handle is broken off completely. Will post more when it comes back. I had his first HR bat in hand with the ball but passed on it because it could not be matched. It was pretty fresh when he hit the HR with 2 good marks to match, but he used it in BP for a while and it was hammered up pretty good. Couldn't match the 2 marks I was looking for. Had the pics on my phone, and I was ready. Wish now I would've just bought it. It will most likely show up at auction in the near future.

onlyalbert
12-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Was able to find some cool pics and some loose threads! First pic is rounding third. Second is touching home. Third is celebrating with Jay.