PDA

View Full Version : Andruw Jones personal collection

eric16841
10-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Can anyone share there knowledge of all the items on ebay a lot of cleats that are part of andruw jones personal collection? Is he know to be a big collector and now selling off these items?

Thank you

helf35
10-21-2014, 06:16 PM
They have been selling a lot of bats and batting gloves over the last year or so. This is the first of cleats I have seen. I have also noticed a lot of Japanese game used items over the last 6 months.

ShaimOnYou
10-22-2014, 05:25 PM
You didn't post a link to any of them.

What I can tell you is this: CelebzDirect was selling ALL of his personal stuff. I don't know if it is them selling his stuff on ebay, a collector who bought it all and is now trying to make a buck by reselling them, or if the stuff you are referring to is even legit. I don't care enough to go on an ebay search to figure that out as I have no interest in the loser's stuff.

Just some friendly advice, if you come asking for help (knowledge) about something that interests you, you might want to consider supplying a link to a few of them so as not to make the people you are asking help from have to do all the work. Just saying that as nicely as I can as helpful advice to your request.

That said, you may find interest (and some knowledge?) in this link:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=61738&highlight=CelebzDirect

Chris

eric16841
10-23-2014, 11:15 AM
I didn't post a link because I wasn't asking about a specific item in fact. My question was relating to if He was known to be a collector of game used items as all the items come with a letter from him stating he collected them from players. I have no interest in his stuff either honestly never been a fan, but who are you to pass judgment on anyone for who they collect. Did my question relate to tearing apart your teams, players you buy, and pick ups?

I know the back and forth of the forums on who the seller is, I've seen items from them that I was able to photomatch and authenticate and I've seen items that are to questionable and not authentic and would stay away from. My question related to anyone having knowledge or knowing about stories of andruw jones being a collector and that letter adds anything to anyone of those items. As always I did my research on the item I was looking at and was able to at least style and possibly photomatch.

What happened to this place being about a bunch of people collecting and helping each other out instead we get hostility and push back for a question.

dangerzone79
10-23-2014, 02:52 PM
I didn't post a link because I wasn't asking about a specific item in fact. My question was relating to if He was known to be a collector of game used items as all the items come with a letter from him stating he collected them from players. I have no interest in his stuff either honestly never been a fan, but who are you to pass judgment on anyone for who they collect. Did my question relate to tearing apart your teams, players you buy, and pick ups?

I know the back and forth of the forums on who the seller is, I've seen items from them that I was able to photomatch and authenticate and I've seen items that are to questionable and not authentic and would stay away from. My question related to anyone having knowledge or knowing about stories of andruw jones being a collector and that letter adds anything to anyone of those items. As always I did my research on the item I was looking at and was able to at least style and possibly photomatch.

What happened to this place being about a bunch of people collecting and helping each other out instead we get hostility and push back for a question.

Agreed. No need for hostility. If that guy didn't wanna comment or help he can easily just ignore the post. Everyone thinks they are king of the castle.

ShaimOnYou
10-23-2014, 07:17 PM

I misunderstood your question. I apologize. In reading helf35's response, I think he read it the same way I did. I thought you were asking about Andruw Jones' cleats, not cleats from other players that he is claiming to have collected.

But hostility? And in no way did I pass judgement on you or anyone in regards to who or what they collect. Where are you reading that? All I was saying is if you are asking for help on something and you direct the folks you're asking help from to items on ebay, it's helpful to share a few links.

In regards to Andruw Jones being a collector, I have no idea. But I understand he's got one hell of a loaded black book.

dangerzone79
10-23-2014, 07:51 PM
But hostility? And in no way did I pass judgement on you or anyone in regards to who or what they collect. Where are you reading that? All I was saying is if you are asking for help on something and you direct the folks you're asking help from to items on ebay, it's helpful to share a few links.

"I don't care enough to go on an ebay search to figure that out as I have no interest in the loser's stuff."

That's your quote from your 1st response. You don't see that as being judgmental or combative towards another collector in what/who they collect?
Come on man. Stand behind your words.

dangerzone79
10-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Oh I see now, you were calling CelbzDirect a loser. Is that where the problem is? That makes sense. Now it's my turn for apologies. Haha. I see what happened.

ShaimOnYou
10-23-2014, 08:31 PM
"I don't care enough to go on an ebay search to figure that out as I have no interest in the loser's stuff."

That's your quote from your 1st response. You don't see that as being judgmental or combative towards another collector in what/who they collect?
Come on man. Stand behind your words.

Nope, not at all.

I see it as honesty in regards to my feelings of fanhood, or lack there-of, towards Andrew Jones.

So you know, I am a Dodger fan. He came to Los Angeles and stunk it up. Am I not entitled to call him as I see fit? You act like I whizzed in your cereal. My lord, are you kidding, stand by my words? I do. He's a loser.

I actually do try to help my fellow collectors here. That's why I commented in what I thought was a helpful manner towards another collector. Sorry if you took it offensively as it was not intended to be.

Chris

ShaimOnYou
10-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Oh I see now, you were calling CelbzDirect a loser. Is that where the problem is? That makes sense. Now it's my turn for apologies. Haha. I see what happened.

You're getting warmer. Actually losers stick together. Hence, CelebzDirect selling Andrew Jones personal stuff.

It's all good.

red33sox
10-24-2014, 01:54 PM
HI all- maybe Im missing something, but its there something wrong with celebzdirect's stuff?

I bought an Andruw Jones GU bat for cheap from them, and while im not sure if it was game used, its surely a REAL AJ bat.
Is celebzdirect not a good company?

In terms of AJ's other cleats, I have heard that YES, he does collect other player's items from time to time... not great insight, but at least ive heard its true.