Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoff
    • Nov 2005

Thoughts on BP Bats

Are Batting Practice Bats worth alot less than Game Used Bats.Are they not as a highly sought after collectible as Game Used Bats.Thoughts as in a local store in the area they had a few BP bats a few weeks ago that i was looking at.Thanks Geoff
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Re: Thoughts on BP Bats

Would think game used bats are much more in demand that BP bats. I prefer game used bat. Wouldn't want a BP bat myself.
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Game Used bats are more sought after and worth more then Batting Practice bats. I think Batting Practice Bats are still pretty cool to pick up especially if the player your seeking is a premium Star player then is Game Used bats might be out of your financial range.
      So consider a Batting Practice bat to be the Economical Bat.

Think of it like this maybe you can't afford to own a Ruth or Mantle Game Used bat but it would still be pretty cool to at least own one of there Batting Practice bats!!!

Comment

• staindsox
        • Jun 2006

Most people seem prefer a true "game used" bat. I guess I do as well, but I don't mind BP or spring training bats. They usually sell for less, but often show heavy use. I like my bats showing ball and lacing marks, ink transfers, and pine tar. If you don't mind a lower re-sale value, I think BP bats make a nice addition to any collection.

Chris
        Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Comment

• 10thMan
          • Dec 2006

I like B.P. Bats, specially AUTHENTIC ones from a favorite Player. I like Strong use & Chacteristics, Lots of B.P. Bats show Heavy use! I bought a Gwynn 279H Rawlings B.P. with Heavy Use & showed it to him... He was definitely interested in where I got it, & how much I paid. He suggested that Gamers are worth more...He was nice enough to Sign it, I was grinning all the way Home. This is now a Favorite Bat.

Important thought...I have very Limited Knowledge on Gamers Vs. Practice Bats. I have decent knowledge on a few Players. This is one of the Challeges I face Collecting Bats.

Where can I learn more (books etc) about who uses what??? Thanks!

Happy Holidays,
          Sean

Comment

• kylehess10
            • Feb 2006

I like BP bats since they are much cheaper and probably used more but I'd prefer a bat used during a game
            kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
            http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• geoff
              • Nov 2005

Great thought all keep them coming.Geoff

Comment

• eGameUsed
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

From my experience with Astros bats, most players don't use separate BP and game bats. In fact, Biggio uses bats in BP to get a feel for his preference for game time. I am not sure he still does this, as I have seen a few of his recent bats pounded with the light green ball marks, and some with only the game MLB blue ball marks. I have a lot of Astros bats that show both the green practice and blue MLB ball marks.

Happy New Year!

Comment

• kingjammy24
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 3arod13
                  Would think game used bats are much more in demand that BP bats. I prefer game used bat. Wouldn't want a BP bat myself.
                  just curious if you noticed the "tan lines" on one of your arod bats (indicating it was once taped up as a bp bat)?

rudy.

Comment

• geoff
                    • Nov 2005

Great story 10th man i would be loving the bat also.

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

It is not a BP bat.
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• 3arod13
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by kingjammy24
                        just curious if you noticed the "tan lines" on one of your arod bats (indicating it was once taped up as a bp bat)?

rudy.
                        Rudy, I do appreciate your keen eye, as you have proven over and over the level of your knowledge. However, sometimes things may not be as they look. The two arod bats are Game Used and not Batting Practice bats. As always, good eye however.

Arod: Caption: 26 Jul 1998: Infielder Alex Rodriguez #3 of the Seattle Mariners in action during a game against the Baltimore Orioles at the Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. The Mariners defeated the Orioles 10-4. Mandatory Credit: Doug Pensinger /Allsport

Wright: Caption: ATLANTA - JULY 2006: David Wright #5 of the New York Mets in the on-deck circle at Turner Field during a season game against the Atlanta Braves on July 29, 2006 in Atlanta, Georgia. The Mets defeated the Braves 11-3. (Photo by John Capella/Sports Imagery/Getty Images)

Griffey: Caption: CINCINNATI - SEPTEMBER 25: Ken Griffey Jr. #3 of the Cincinnati Reds looks on as he stand on the on deck circle during the game against the Chicago Cubs at Great American Ball Park on September 25, 2006 in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Reds won 5-4. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Matsui: Caption: NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 13: Hideki Matsui #55 of the New York Yankees waits on deck against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on September 13, 2006 at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx borough of New York City. The Yankees defeated the Devil Rays 8-4. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

Attached Files
                        Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by 3arod13
                          The two arod bats are Game Used and not Batting Practice bats.
                          Rudy, I forgot to add that prior to Arod adding the "1998 Game Used" inscription, he did state (confirm) that these bats were not batting practice bats.

All my best, Tony
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• geoff
                            • Nov 2005

I did pick up a Alfonso Soriano BP bat from Kim at Ball Parkl Heroes.Got the bat real fast also.Geoff

Comment

• Rboitano
                              • Nov 2005

Have you ever been able to locate a photo of Arod using a blonde Louisville in a game? The only photos I have ever seen are of him using them in BP.

Comment

Working...