PDA

View Full Version : Mets bats wanted

TNTtoys
01-01-2007, 11:58 AM
All,

I'm working on an 86 Mets display across a couple of walls and am looking for game used bats from players that were on the team. The bats can however be game used bats from other years (for example, an 81 Carter bat is ok -- as long as it's a Carter). Especially would like a Hernandez and a Strawberry.

Thanks
Nick

gameused
01-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Nick,

I have a Strawberry Rawlings bat from his Mets season. Post your e-mail address and I will send you some pics!

Bobby

metsbats
01-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Nick,

- Doc Gooden Louisville W276 brown Rookie 84-85 era. "DWIGHT GOODEN" block letter, no 16 in white marker on knob, uncracked, light use, several ball marks on barrel, no pine tar, auto in thin silver sharpie. $250

- Wally Backman rookie era 80-83 large label brown LV R161, no 6 in black marker on knob, cupped end, slight crack, nice use, no pine tar. "BACKMAN" Block letters. $110

- Dave Magadan 1990 LV H262, uncracked nice use, no 10 on knob and barrel end. Dave autographed it for me at a reunion show and added "1990". 1990 was Mags best year as a Met as he almost won the batting title that year. $95

- Kevin Elster 1988 Rawlings Adirondack 460B, 009 8 on knob, no 21 on knob and barrel end. Tar on handle, slight crack repaired, nice use. Autographed in purple marker by Kevin and added #21 with auto. $95

-Randy Myers 1989 Rawlings Adirondack 453A, 004 9 on knob, #48 on knob and barrel end. No pine tar, lite but definite use. Autographed in blue sharpie Randy Myers 03 (typical dated Myers autograph). Tough bat and tough autograph to boot! $75

Shipping will be $12 (USPS Priority insured) for each bat. Can combine shipping if multiple bats are purchased (price to be determined).

Please email me at metsbats86@aol.com if interested.

Regards
David

TNTtoys
01-02-2007, 12:03 AM
David,

Sorry to say that the only bat I would have been interested in out of your list was the Gooden, but I already have a Doc in my collection. Then again, you have already helped me lots with the Knight bat a few months ago!!

Bobby,

Please send photos & asking price of the Strawberry bat to: TNT_Toys@yahoo.com.

Thanks all,
Nick

metsbats
01-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I don't have any extra Strawberry gamers to part with at this time. I have many duplicates/extras of the non-starter players believe or not.

Best of luck in your quest.

David

lnfogel@aol.com
01-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Nick
I have a Straw game used bat as well as others from the 86 team
Andy LNFOGEL@AOL.COM

TNTtoys
01-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Still after some Mets bats (players from the 86 team) for my wall. So far, I have a Gooden, Knight and a Dykstra. Any others from the team (the player didn't necessarily have to use the bat during the championship year), please *EMAIL* the info to me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com. I don't check the forum as often as I check my email, and recently I lost 2 different items after the seller replied to me here, and another forum member wrote to them and bought the item. thanks...