PDA

View Full Version : Easy/hard to remove the MLB hologram from jerseys??

Number9
01-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Has anyone tried to remove one of the MLB holograms from the numbers on 2006 jerseys? Such as the Braves jerseys that have the hologram on the back number?
Reason I ask is I hate things added to jerseys, such as autographs and holograms (as they weren't on there when they were worn by the player), PLUS it seems pretty useless on the 2006 Braves jerseys as I hear they are ALL recorded into the authenticity database as game issues and not game worn. So it seems somewhat pointless to me, in additiion to defacing the jersey.
Does anyone know if the holograms are just simple stickers that will pull off? I havent seen one and Don't want to buy such a jersey unless I am sure I can remove it.
Thanks.

Mike

kylehess10
01-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Hologram stickers actually break apart VERY easily. I haven't tried to take one off but they aren't meant to be taken off in the first place. Here's an example with a hologram on a piece in my collection. I didn't try to take it off but it snapped when it shipped through the mail I believe. It's the hologram on the left:

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/gameused/shefsocks3-medium.jpg

So if you try to take it off then it will just break apart.

ham1963
01-01-2007, 05:47 PM
I moved a Steiner hologram on a Conti Mets hat I bought to behind the sweat band but I could see how easy they could tear.
Just my 2 cents:p
John

Number9
01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I dont even care if I ruin the hologram and throw it way, I just don't want to leave some sort of glue residue etc that wont come off on the jersey. The jersey is all I care about, not the hologram.
Thanks.

jake33
01-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I removed all 6 holograms off my tampa tarpons game used jerseys, I did it very carefully, then applied the hologram to the COA paperwork directly. To get the database info, WRITE it down first becuase it Might come off when taking the stick off...

Number9
01-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Jake33,
Excellent info, and good news, thanks. That is exactly what I want to do, transfer them to the COA and get them off the jersey. Great suggestion on writing the number down in advance too. I will do that. Thanks.

Mike

jake33
01-03-2007, 09:22 AM
no problem, MLB makes the holograms so if you peel them off there will be some of the sticker left on the jersey, it has not happened to me yet where some of the serial number have come off, but I am sure it is possible, why do any of these company's think that putting a hologram on make the item look better? They SHOULD be on the COA to begin with to give that more validity.