PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Game Worn Jersey vs Colts

DoctorLoomis
11-08-2014, 07:37 PM
FedEx dropped off a nice package today. As in the title, Peyton wore this vs the Colts in week one. That being said this jersey has an interesting story....here goes:

Not sure how many collectors know this but Manning wears two jerseys per game...one each half. In this game he threw 3 TDs and all of them were in the first half. It goes without saying that I was praying this was the first half shirt. Knowing that Peyton is one of the most photographed players in the NFL I felt a photo match was as simple as 123. Not so! Getty, US Presswire, Yahoo, the Broncos website, and a host of Google searching did NOT reveal one solid photo match. I then watched the game on rewind. Once again, not ONE SINGLE definitive photo match. At this point I'm sweating bullets. Then, I decided to watch the entire game again.....closely. With about 5 mins to go in the 4th quarter I noticed his jersey was as clean as a whistle. About a minute later he is sacked and he gets blood on the "1" on the front of the jersey. It appears to be 3 spots and it is clear as a bell. My jersey does NOT have the blood....so....that means I have the first half shirt. Feeling a lot better I watch the first half for the third time and I watch it like a hawk. At the 5:22 mark of the first quarter the camera is on Peytons back for about one second. I pause the video and take a screenshot.....and folks its the GREATEST photo match you could ever ask for. Ive always said the name plate is the first place to look to qualify or disqualify a jersey....for obvious reasons. Anyhow, this screen shot DEFINITIVELY matches my jersey to the 3TD jersey from the first half. As you guys know the little holes in the jersey and how they align themselves is like a unique fingerprint....like DNA. Well take a look at the photos below and you'll see what I mean. Whats more amazing is I missed that photo match twice...and almost three times. Anyhow....have a look for yourselves!

DoctorLoomis
11-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Look at the holes around the M...the number of holes...how they line up. Its a DEAD spot on match.

DoctorLoomis
11-08-2014, 07:48 PM

yanks12025
11-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Sweet jersey

Cause I can't afford a jersey. Do you know anywhere else to buy his game used items like pants, cleats, gloves, game used footballs, etc?? Thanks

tom1315
11-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Great match! Super jersey for your collection. Thanks for sharing and the photo homework.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

Longroad23
11-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Masterpiece. Thanks for sharing!

admin_old
11-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Very nice, awesome jersey!

beantown
11-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Nice jersey, but why is Manning/Broncos putting so many out on the market?

xsentrixsupra
11-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Nice jersey, but why is Manning/Broncos putting so many out on the market?

I think it is pretty common practice for most of the stars in the NFL. I don't know about every one of them as I hear the Patriots and Tom Brady don't let a ton of his jerseys out in circulation, but I know generally speaking the stars wear multiple ones a game. I even remember an old thread about a Larry Fitzgerald jersey and it was mentioned he might even wear a 3rd one for warm ups?

jmeekins33
11-11-2014, 06:51 AM
So awesome. These orange home jerseys are really sharp looking.