PDA

View Full Version : In need of help with Bengals jersey

WHODEY444
11-20-2014, 06:05 PM
I picked this Bengals Brian Simmons jersey up a few years ago off ebay and was wondering if anyone has seen anything like this or knows what it is. I realize its not game worn, but materials/numbers/patches and cut are identical to other Bengals game jerseys that I own. My question lies in the all black shoulders? The lower shoulder/arm of the jersey should be orange. I've attempted to search for anything similar or info but have come up with nothing. I purchased it because it was unique. Just thought i would post here to see if anyone actually knows what it is. Thanks for any help.

Samets
11-21-2014, 07:27 AM
Bengals uniform underwent a complete re-design in 2004 so what you have very well could be a "concept" jersey.

I can suggest contacting Paul Lukas (uniwatching@gmail.com), he runs a popular site and may be one of the best resources outside of the Bangals organization to help with this jersey.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Rusty

WHODEY444
11-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Rusty,

My original thoughts were that it may have been a "concept" jersey as well.

I was able to contact Paul Lukas like you advised, however he had no idea about this jersey. So I'm still hoping for some info on it.

Thanks for help, it's much appreciated.

-Ryan

Jags Fan Dan
11-25-2014, 02:22 PM
I have been following this one and it really is a head scratcher. Can you make out what it says on the tagging by the "D"? Hard to read that marker writing.

WHODEY444
11-25-2014, 05:06 PM
"Cordura" is what is written on the tag, which is a spandex material that is used in jerseys. I assumed that was the fabric used for the shoulders and side panels.

-Ryan