PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Game Used College Football Memorabilia

simsmeboy
11-21-2014, 12:37 PM
I want to know how you obtain game used college memorabilia. Im talking the big stuff like jerseys and helmets. I know how to get gloves and towels but I am wondering if you just buy the helmets or jerseys from the players after their final year? I go to the Senior Bowl each year is that a good time to ask a player like "Hey Ill buy your helmet from you for $300." after the game or something like that. What do I do? Please help thanks!

michaellechner
11-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Social media is a great tool. I've had success on multiple occasions contacting graduated athletes on facebook and twitter. However, if you're only offering $300, you're not going to have much luck...

simsmeboy
11-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Social media is a great tool. I've had success on multiple occasions contacting graduated athletes on facebook and twitter. However, if you're only offering $300, you're not going to have much luck...

Oh I was just making an example. i have no idea how much I would need to offer.

bama0037
11-21-2014, 10:17 PM
The college stuff is very tough because most helmets and jerseys are recycled. All I can tell you is you can check cbs auctions and the best thing to do is make friends with players on the team. If you can do that you will be set. John