PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Story- Jersey Lettering Company

Eric
01-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Here's an article from DailyLocal.com. The link can be found below the article.

12/28/2006
W.C. business soaring into success By GRETCHEN METZ
WEST CHESTER -- The crush is on at Ruberti's All Sports Lettering & Screening Printing Co.

Owner Don Ruberti knew it was coming, knew his Christmas vacation would be cut short Monday night when the Eagles took an impressive 23-7 victory over the Dallas Cowboys.
Ruberti's Barnard Street company sews the numbers on the official Eagles' jerseys sold at the merchandise shops and kiosks at Lincoln Financial Field and online at shop.philadelphiaeagles.com. Online the jerseys retail for $269.99.
Tuesday he got orders from stadium merchandising, then more orders and more orders.
"It's been a crazy year," Ruberti said.
In the fall, quarterback Donovan McNabb was preparing for season-ending surgery, Jevon Kearse already was out, the defense was awful and the losses were piling up.
A month ago, the Philadelphia Eagles seemed headed toward a disastrous finish after a promising start.
Now after a stunning turnaround and the playoffs in sight, no team in the NFC is playing better.
The Eagles (9-6) have won four straight games, including Christmas night's win over Dallas.
The birds can clinch their fifth NFC East title in six years and secure the No. 3 seed in the conference with a win over Atlanta at Philadelphia on Sunday or if the Cowboys (9-6) lose to lowly Detroit.
The popular Eagles jerseys this time are No. 20 for fans of Brian Dawkins, a 210-pound, 6-foot free safety, and No. 36 for folks who cheer for 5-foot, 8-inch running back Brian Westbrook.
The jerseys have to be done by today to be in place for the Sunday game, Ruberti said. Curved numbers such as 20 and 36 are more time consuming for sewers than straight-lined ones and sevens but Ruberti does not anticipate a problem meeting the deadline.
If the Eagles win Sunday, there will "absolutely, without a doubt " be more orders, Ruberti said. "We're looking forward to it."
Ruberti's also sews the numbers on jerseys for the Philadelphia Flyers ice hockey team and New York Jets, another football team that is doing well and looking for extra orders of authentic jerseys for its fans.

http://www.dailylocal.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17646642&BRD=1671&PAG=461&dept_id=17779&rfi=6

Eric
01-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I also noticed that this same company had an interesting classified ad on sewingwishlist.com
Not sure if they do restoration for jerseys, or not. Has anyone worked with them before?

0FFERED :

26/12/2006 : Sewing services offered for the Athletic Lettering Industry. We are a 39yo based company in the W. Chester Pa area, offering PRIVATE sewing for any type of Athletic Lettering you need! WE can provide the lettering or use it supplied by you ! We offer our service to any sports stores, or PRIVATE companies in need of a 1 or 2nd source letterer. Please call or email us for nay info you may need: Ruberti's All Sports Lettering (sewing embroidery screenprinting) 1-888-395-9383 email: ruberti@aol.com attn: Don

http://www.sewingwishlist.com/

allstarsplus
01-03-2007, 03:59 PM
No props for Jeff Garcia???? I would think someone would want to invest $269.99 on his jerseys although he will probably be a back-up to McNabb next year!!!

BTW, its amazing the markup on these authentics w/ name and numbers sewn on!

Andrew

lisicki
08-12-2008, 11:55 AM
I was curious to know if anyone has used this company for jersey lettering? I see one of his clients are the Jets. I have a few Jets jerseys I would like to get done.

Vintagedeputy
08-12-2008, 01:14 PM
A month ago, the Philadelphia Eagles seemed headed toward a disastrous finish after a promising start.

There's a football team in Philadelphia? Really? Are they in the NFL?
:rolleyes:

Vintagedeputy
08-12-2008, 01:14 PM
forgot to add - GO BIG BLUE!