PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Gibson Kansas City Jersey Auction - Legit?‏

xmartyx
12-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Hi, folks.

I've been watching a 1991 Kansas City Royals Kirk Gibson jersey on eBay, but I have questions as to the legitimacy of it.

I have contacted the seller and have their permission to discuss this with folks, so I'm clear there.

In addition, they informed me that they purchased the jersey off of eBay in the nineties (back in its infancy), from a seller who informed them it came directly from the Royals as game-used. He says he purchased at least one other jersey from them (although that one had had a name plate on the back, which had been removed as well). There is no certification with the jersey.

In addition to hoping I could find a knowledgeable Kansas City fan who could look it over (perhaps I could either send it to them for further inspection upon receiving it myself), one place to start is simply with the tagging on the tail of the jersey; for a jersey that was supposedly game-used, recycled, and theoretically worn/used again before being sold, doesn't the "Set 1 1991" tag look awfully crisp?

Another concern I have about this is that I've heard before about various jerseys being extra and left-over from the factory that never quite made it to teams (although they were intended for them). Could it be that this is one, or am I way off-base there?

Thanks in advance for any help or any direction to help anyone can provide.

Kirk Gibson Signed Game Used 1991 Jersey Kansas City Royals RARE Detroit Tigers (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kirk-Gibson-Signed-Game-Used-1991-Jersey-Kansas-City-Royals-RARE-Detroit-Tigers-/111532594388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f7dc54d4)