PDA

View Full Version : Posada Nametag?

Eric
12-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey everyone-
Was wondering what people thought of the stitching in this Jorge Posada 1990s Yankees jersey. Is this the correct font?

http://www.kohlsgallery.com/ebay/posada4.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/1990s-Jorge-Posada-Game-Used-Yankee-Jersey_W0QQitemZ8739328621QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

hblakewolf
12-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Eric-
It may be easier to ask, "Wht is correct with this jersey?"

The tagging in the collar is completely incorrect, the Wilson tag is the old style, and furthermore, Wilson was not the supplier.

Make note how the name in the collar tag is actually stitched THROUGH the neck! You will often see this type of work on bogus Phillies jerseys. When a REAL jersey that has a name in the collar is made, the tag is sewn in first, then the collar secured. In this case, the maker got sloppy or did not know better.

In a nut shell, this is total GARBAGE.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

CollectGU
12-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Howard,

Speaking of yankee equipment. Didn't you sell a jeter Mizuno fielders glove in Mastronet a few years ago? Were you ever able to photo match the glove? I've tried and I can't seem to find a photo of Jeter using a Mizuno in a game...Just wondering....

Eric
12-19-2005, 08:13 PM
When I see info exchanged like this, it puts a smile on my face. Thanks to everyone who contributes.
Eric

hblakewolf
12-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Howard,

Speaking of yankee equipment. Didn't you sell a jeter Mizuno fielders glove in Mastronet a few years ago? Were you ever able to photo match the glove? I've tried and I can't seem to find a photo of Jeter using a Mizuno in a game...Just wondering....

Dave-
Indeed I did own a Jeter Mizuno glove. He used it during his Tour of Japan, and then gave it to Eric Almonte during spring training.

Mizuno made the glove to the exact specifications of his Rawlings glove, however, Jeter has an agreement with Rawlings and is prohibited from using it in a regulation MLB game. It was the belief of the Mizuno Execs. that they could win-over Jeter, and possibly get him to use their product (similar to Dave Justice and John Kruk). It never happened.

I had a few die hard Jeter collectors inform me that they had seen photos of Jeter using the glove during tour.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

CollectGU
12-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Howard,

Wa that in the exhibition games during the 2004 Tour of Japan? Can you post pics for myself and the forum members of him using the glove?

Thanks,
Dave

hblakewolf
12-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Dave-
As noted in my previous response to you, I did not have any photos of Jeter with the glove, however, a handful of interested collectors indicated they had photo evidence of him with the glove.

I don't remember the exact details about the glove i.e. year used, model, use, etc., Should you desire this information, however, possibly you can get in touch with Mastronet or Dave Bushing. Dave wrote a detailed LOA on the glove, and Mastronet auctioned it.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

CollectGU
12-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. Would you have by chance a copy of the catalogue with the description details? Does anyone else on the forum perhaps have a copy of the listing from the Mastronet catalogue that they could post?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

DonFan23
12-20-2005, 10:33 PM
http://www.kohlsgallery.com/ebay/mattinglypants2.jpg (http://www.kohlsgallery.com/ebay/mattinglypants2.jpg)

Not identical to the Posada by any means, but is this the right font for '88? Same seller on this one, but he claims that this one is authentic, while he states that the Posada was doctored in the auction listing.

hblakewolf
12-21-2005, 09:03 AM
This embroidery style is not correct, either.

The correct style incorporated by Wilson (on Yankees and Phillies jerseys) is not this thick, or even this style. Several examples of legit Wilson embroidery have been posted here over the last few days for you to compare this to.

Interesting that the seller in question now has two bad Yanks jerseys-can you tell us whp this individual is?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

CollectGU
12-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi,

This is a follow up post to any member that can help. I'm looking for a picture of Jeter using a Mizuno glove while playing in the Tour of Japan exhibiton games.. I'm also looking for someone to post the listing description of the glove as sold by Mastronet. Howard, as the seller of the glove, do you have by chance a copy of the Mastronet listign with the description?

Thanks,
Dave

WOODFERN
12-25-2005, 02:29 PM
This Jersey Is An Absolute Joke. Not Only Is The Tagging In The Neck Wrong, But, That When Posada Came Up In 1995 Give Or Take A Year Or Two, Russell Athletic Was Making All The Yankee Jerseys. When It Comes To Equiptment Like This, Do Your Homework.