PDA

View Full Version : Arod game used yankee jersey

heatrizing89
12-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Bought one today for 220 signed

Thoughts on if this was a good deal or not?

Second guessing myself big time

yanks12025
12-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Does it have any paperwork. Seems way to cheap for a gamer even after all of his cheating and stuff.

heatrizing89
12-06-2014, 07:49 PM
MLB and Steiner certs

spartakid
12-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Definitely seems very cheap

yanks12025
12-06-2014, 08:17 PM
And the steiner and MLB hologram say game used?

Phil316
12-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Please post pics.

CollectGU
12-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Bought one today for 220 signed

Thoughts on if this was a good deal or not?

Second guessing myself big time

Let me help your second guessing, and let you sleep at night. I'll give you $500 for the jersey via paypal...

heatrizing89
12-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Bought it from amazons steiner store

They usually have good deals in there but this one was weird

Called and they told me it has all the paperwork and holos should be delivered on the 10th

Was wondering though if everything checks out was this a good price

heatrizing89
12-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Let me help your second guessing, and let you sleep at night. I'll give you $500 for the jersey via paypal...

Lol Ill hit u up when it arrives

yanks12025
12-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Something don't seem seem right to me. No way would they discount it that much. I wouldn't be surprised if they backed out or something or later told you it was out of stock like they did to me last week with a item I purchased. But good luck and hope you get it.

Phil316
12-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Is it a home, away or BP?

marino13
12-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Is it a home, away or BP?

I was thinking the same.

It it was BP - then the price would be about right (cheap but about right).

As for HOME or AWAY -- that just sounds too good to be true.

With Steiner and MLB holograms - they can just be for the autograph session and that's it.

The buying price is VERY low for a gamer - especially just for the jersey itself.

Phil316
12-06-2014, 11:36 PM
It does because I just looked and they are asking over 5 grand for a gamer on amazon. Even a BP worn unsigned is more than 220.

Hopefully you get what you think you are getting though that would be very cool.

heatrizing89
12-06-2014, 11:56 PM
I was thinking the same.

It it was BP - then the price would be about right (cheap but about right).

As for HOME or AWAY -- that just sounds too good to be true.

With Steiner and MLB holograms - they can just be for the autograph session and that's it.

The buying price is VERY low for a gamer - especially just for the jersey itself.

says its a home jersey

dont think steiner would advertise it as game used if they couldnt authenticate it

my biggest fear is there just gonna send me a regular arod signed jersey which i have no interest in

ill keep u guys updated though itll be delivered wed

marino13
12-07-2014, 09:05 AM
says its a home jersey

dont think steiner would advertise it as game used if they couldnt authenticate it

my biggest fear is there just gonna send me a regular arod signed jersey which i have no interest in

ill keep u guys updated though itll be delivered wed

That sounds about right.

Do you have a screen-shot of the listing? What does it say on the receipt?

If it does stated "game used", then you will have a chance to return the "generic" home jersey.

But if they did send the "game used" jersey -- I will up the ante ---- $501 and a prepaid shipping label.

heatrizing89
12-07-2014, 10:38 AM
That sounds about right.

Do you have a screen-shot of the listing? What does it say on the receipt?

If it does stated "game used", then you will have a chance to return the "generic" home jersey.

But if they did send the "game used" jersey -- I will up the ante ---- $501 and a prepaid shipping label.

ya i saved the entire thing in a pdf

its really no worries though cause if they send a reg jersey its going right back to amazons steiner store

yankees506
12-07-2014, 12:03 PM
if you got an arod game used mlb authenticated to game use yankee home jersey, then you just got the best deal on game used in a long time. I highly doubt it but its possible. a few years ago i purchased an arod "game issued" yankee spring training first home game yankee pinstripe jersey. I had the jersey pictured by Steiner in their listing photo matched to game use in the st game. needless to say the jersey i received was not the one pictured so i sent it back for a full refund. It was not the easiest thing to explain to my steiner rep why i was returning the jersey. I believe i paid around $400 for that jersey and if it would have been the spring training gamer i thought i was getting, i would have been extremely happy. please post pictures when it arrives, as a lot of us are extremely interested.

spartakid
12-07-2014, 12:40 PM
As everyone has mentioned, please keep us updated, curious to see the jersey, hopefully you got a steal.

yanks12025
12-07-2014, 12:49 PM
if you got an arod game used mlb authenticated to game use yankee home jersey, then you just got the best deal on game used in a long time. I highly doubt it but its possible. a few years ago i purchased an arod "game issued" yankee spring training first home game yankee pinstripe jersey. I had the jersey pictured by Steiner in their listing photo matched to game use in the st game. needless to say the jersey i received was not the one pictured so i sent it back for a full refund. It was not the easiest thing to explain to my steiner rep why i was returning the jersey. I believe i paid around $400 for that jersey and if it would have been the spring training gamer i thought i was getting, i would have been extremely happy. please post pictures when it arrives, as a lot of us are extremely interested.

I'm confused? So you bought the jersey known it was being sold as game issued but because you photo matched the stock picture, you figured it was game used and they made a mistake listing it?

yankees506
12-07-2014, 01:41 PM
i don't think i need to explain the whole "issued" mlb authentication as we have all seen gamers given this designation by mlb if they don't "see" the item in action. i.e. end of season bulk authentication

yankees506
12-07-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm confused? So you bought the jersey known it was being sold as game issued but because you photo matched the stock picture, you figured it was game used and they made a mistake listing it?

it was not a "stock" photo, the picture shown was of the jersey arod used in the yankee spring training home opener.

heatrizing89
12-09-2014, 12:00 AM
its shipped out officially so the first hurdle is cleared

ill let ya guys know thu when it gets delivered

heatrizing89
12-10-2014, 03:17 PM
just got it delivered and it was an authentic jersey signed by arod not game used

total bummer

mlb hologram also says its just for a jersey number so its not even a real authentic jersey but rather some scrub jerseys with the numbers switched also the steiner holo fell right off when i opened the bag it came in
def returning this

kobak8
12-10-2014, 04:25 PM
That's a bummer. Who was the seller on Amazon? Was it Amazon themselves, Steiner Sports, or somebody else? Thanks.

heatrizing89
12-10-2014, 04:29 PM
That's a bummer. Who was the seller on Amazon? Was it Amazon themselves, Steiner Sports, or somebody else? Thanks.

ships and sold from amazon but steiner supplies there inventory

they offered to let me keep the jersey for only 90 bucks but i took a full refund eventhough that was a pretty good deal

3arod13
12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
ships and sold from amazon but steiner supplies there inventory

they offered to let me keep the jersey for only 90 bucks but i took a full refund eventhough that was a pretty good deal

Sorry to hear this didn't work out for the best! I was really rooting for you!