PDA

View Full Version : Albert Belle helmet on Grey Flannel

jataman2612
12-07-2014, 07:09 PM
http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=32905

Does anyone know if this is legit? I have looked at photos and I can't see any that have the American and Canadian flags on the back

Also surprised there isn't an LOA with it.

ironmanfan
12-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Those stickers were used exclusively during the 1991 season, so if you can search Getty, etc., that may help.

dcgreg25
12-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I am the consigner of the helmet so I figured I would address your questions. I have been a long-time Cleveland Indians collector and have been selling off parts of my collection which had numbered 200+ jerseys, 30+ helmets, 100+ bats, etc.

As ironmanfan mentioned the sticker on the back was used exclusively during the 1991 season. As for the lack of a COA, the helmet has the team stamp in the appropriate font and style as well as use during this time period. I can send you a number of examples of the stamp's use during this time. I have not seen many (if any) Indians items from this era of the team that had team letters. I have some from the early 80's as well as the mid-late 90's that had team letters but none from the late 80's to early 90's. While not personally familiar with the provenance of the helmet, I as comfortable enough with the size, use, tagging and team stamp to add it to my collection. I am happy to answer any questions here or via email. Thanks.

jataman2612
12-25-2014, 08:27 PM
I am the consigner of the helmet so I figured I would address your questions. I have been a long-time Cleveland Indians collector and have been selling off parts of my collection which had numbered 200+ jerseys, 30+ helmets, 100+ bats, etc.

As ironmanfan mentioned the sticker on the back was used exclusively during the 1991 season. As for the lack of a COA, the helmet has the team stamp in the appropriate font and style as well as use during this time period. I can send you a number of examples of the stamp's use during this time. I have not seen many (if any) Indians items from this era of the team that had team letters. I have some from the early 80's as well as the mid-late 90's that had team letters but none from the late 80's to early 90's. While not personally familiar with the provenance of the helmet, I as comfortable enough with the size, use, tagging and team stamp to add it to my collection. I am happy to answer any questions here or via email. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I won the auction and look forward to receiving it in the mail. I emailed you about other stuff you may be looking to move but didn't get a response (unless it got lost in my spam).

John