PDA

View Full Version : Possible lost packages from Knoxville TN to NY

metsbats
12-08-2014, 08:16 AM
I have 3 packages sent via USPS priority mail sent out 12/2 and have yet to arrive to me. Two priority mail tubes and 1 regular priority mail box.

Tracking on two say they the USPS facilities in Knoxville TN while the last one says it left the facilities in Flushing Queens Sunday 12/7 at 5am as of today.

The items in transit are

Bubba Trammell's 2000 World Series game used bat which is a two tone T141 black with natural taped handle. Bubba autographed it "2000 World Series game used". Bat was used in the 2000 WS and has use.

Bubba Trammell's 2000 game used bat also a two tone T141 black with natural taped handle. Bat has great use and the TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS name was blackened out on it. Blacked knob with "33" on knob. Autographed "2000 game used"

Bubba Trammell's 2000 game issued bat which is a two tone T141 black with natural handle. No tape but has rack and handling marks. Blacken knob with '33'. Autographed "2000 NL Champs". This bat is stamped TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS which has not been blackened out.

Bubba Trammell's 2003 game used bat (New York Yankees) two tone T141 black with natural handle. Don't have much more details on this but do know it's now uniquely autographed "To David This is one of my game used bats from when I played for the Evil Empire".

Bubba Trammell's 2000 White alternative game used Mets jersey. Tagged Set 1 2000 size 48 with great use, Rawlings brand. Autographed "2000 game used"

Bubba Trammell's 2000 WS game used cap. Black with blue bill no. 33 on inside panel autographed on bill "2000 WS game used".

Since it's been over a week I decided to put out this alert in the case that these items have been stolen. I don't want to give anyone who took it extra time to get away with this and wanted to play it safe.

Hoping it's just the holiday delay but it's crazy that 1-3 day priority mail has gone over 5 days now.

Thanks
David

marino13
12-08-2014, 10:39 AM
From what it sounded like --- someone from the inside knows your pattern of shipping method and the content of the packages.

Maybe, just maybe, you should drop these packages off yourself -- at a different post office. A little inconvenient but it will ease your mind just a bit.

You can always slap another "Sender" label on top of the pre-printed label to throw them off.

3arod13
12-08-2014, 11:43 AM
I have had problems with UPS, but not the USPS. Hope it's just slow due to the holiday period, which is possible. Good luck!

metsbats
12-08-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm convinced the USPS system is broken. (something we all know already)

I received an updated text today 11:02AM on the tracking for the package which is in Flushing Queens that it was received at my local post office at 8:30AM. Then got a subsequent text stating that this same package leaving the USPS Flushing facility on 12/7 at 9:56AM at 11:24AM.

Got this package just now so the jersey and cap are here.

Still waiting for the other two packages containing the bats.

eric16841
12-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear your story, I just had a 2 day package take 9 days to get to me, it sat in limbo at a facility then all the sudden it was at my facility and on the truck hour later and delivered. So hopefully yours is just the crazy delay with holidays as I think mine was. Keep us updated and fingers crossed for positive turn out.

metsbats
12-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Sorry to hear your story, I just had a 2 day package take 9 days to get to me, it sat in limbo at a facility then all the sudden it was at my facility and on the truck hour later and delivered. So hopefully yours is just the crazy delay with holidays as I think mine was. Keep us updated and fingers crossed for positive turn out.

Thanks. It's looking more like that now. We've heard it before when the USPS works it works great but when it doesn't it's really bad! Just FYI the USPS internet site states you can cancel held mail requests up till 2AM of the day you want to reschedule delivery. I put in an un hold yesterday morning and got a confirmation but it was still on hold today. My postman says he never got the unhold and the post office told me there's a delay in the internet website and the individual post offices.

Kid4hof03
12-08-2014, 12:39 PM
David, I had almot the exact same thing happen with a package mailed last week. It was a priority tube, was mailed on the 2nd and the tracking never updated after the initial status. I was getting very worried. Late last night it updated that the tube was in my local depot, the package arrived today. I think it is a holiday volume issue, hope you get your stuff without any issues.

Abe

metsbats
12-08-2014, 12:39 PM
From what it sounded like --- someone from the inside knows your pattern of shipping method and the content of the packages.

Maybe, just maybe, you should drop these packages off yourself -- at a different post office. A little inconvenient but it will ease your mind just a bit.

You can always slap another "Sender" label on top of the pre-printed label to throw them off.

Those are good points. These packages are in transit to me however when I mail game used items I usually pack them up before getting to the post office or if I need to get a box take the box outside to my car and package it up precisely for this reason. I know when two of the bats were shipped Bubba's post office ran out of tubes and he had to go to another one to ship two of the bats. Not sure how discrete he was in mailing these but will hope we have some honest folks working at the Post office in Knoxville.

lengthwise1
12-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Post black friday & stuff, USPS is really slow....

3arod13
12-08-2014, 12:48 PM
I stopped mailing bats in tubes in thin long boxes that look like a bat is in them. I find larger/wider boxes, so there is no way for someone to think there is a bat in the box. Haven't had an issue since. The recommendation of switching up post office is a great idea! Thanks!

metsbats
12-08-2014, 04:38 PM
David, I had almot the exact same thing happen with a package mailed last week. It was a priority tube, was mailed on the 2nd and the tracking never updated after the initial status. I was getting very worried. Late last night it updated that the tube was in my local depot, the package arrived today. I think it is a holiday volume issue, hope you get your stuff without any issues.

Abe

Thanks Abe. That's reassuring!

metsbats
12-08-2014, 04:41 PM
The strange thing about all this is that two of the packages were mailed from the same post office and only 1 was mailed from a different location. You'd think the box and the bat box which were mailed at the same location would at least be delivered at the same time. Unless the USPS sorts things by size.

sox83cubs84
12-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Post offices even in different parts of the same area can often be like night and day.

Here in Berwyn, we have an excellent PO that works with its customers well.

Between 15 and 20 years ago, however, we lived a mile west of Wrigley Field, in what was then one of the 2 or 3 least reliable delivery services of any Post Office in the Chicago area. Among some lame results from this area on Priority Mail shipments were 7 days for a pakage from the northwest suburbs, less than 20 miles away, and 2 WEEKS for a flat from the Dallas area.

Maybe your locl PO is like the one I used to deal with near the Unfriendly Confines.

Dave Miedema

metsbats
12-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Post black friday & stuff, USPS is really slow....

Thanks good point. I just realized it's been 6 days not 10 days as I calculated in my original post. Looking at the responses and the time of year I may have panicked a bit too soon!:o

hrvatwill
12-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Just to piggyback on the similar comments, I sent a package last Monday via USPS two-day priority mail that just arrived at its destination today. There were no updates from 3:29 AM on 12/3 until yesterday evening at 7:30 PM.

In the meantime, I could not get a human being on the phone using the number on the tracking website (I wanted to put an alert on the package, which I had done in similar situations in the past) and in fact, the automated service told me that a CSR would have no updated information other than what was already on the website and then proceeded to say "goodbye" and disconnected me.

The inability to contact a human being really annoyed me. I have to mail another package tomorrow and will be using another service. Once the holidays are over, though, I'll probably try them again.

bat_master
12-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Hang in there, David. I'm sure they will show up. While I'm a bit biased as a USPS employee, I also recently had a delay on a bat I sent from Wisconsin to Texas. It was only an extra couple of days, but when everything had been running smoothly and was usually arriving in the 2 days expected the extra couple days were a bit unnerving.

metsbats
12-10-2014, 06:14 AM
Tracking has been updated. The packages are now in my local depot. I'm hoping they would be on route today to me. Thanks again everyone for the replies and glad it was a false alarm. Of course as Yogi says "It aint over till it's over" so until these get to me....

brianborsch
12-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Glad it worked out! It can be stressful. I'll handle it better the next time for sure! :)

3arod13
12-10-2014, 11:25 AM
What makes it worse is, as collectors, we are already pumped up and excited about receiving our items, so when there is any type of delay or issue like this, it intensifies it x10. :eek:

metsbats
12-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Packages finally arrived today. I think we get are overly sensitive due to the value of game used items and much more concerned about loss than if we are waiting to get a delivery of say furniture or appliances.