PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Hill Game Used Jersey seems omitted from eBay searches

dplettn
12-12-2014, 02:24 PM
I wanted to ask some advice from people who may be more experienced selling on eBay. I have a Game Used Jeremy Hill jersey on eBay but if I go to eBay and do a search for "Jeremy Hill Game Used" the jersey auction does not come up!

My best guess is that it has to do with the hyphen in the auction title... but should I end and relist the item differently. Or will most buyers end up finding it anyway. This is the first Hill jersey the Bengals are known to have sold, so it seems rather unusual that it'd be as cheap as it still is if it were hitting people's searches.

Cubsfan4life
12-12-2014, 02:27 PM
I would edit the title and put a space in between worn and used instead of a slash.

dplettn
12-12-2014, 02:43 PM
I would edit the title and put a space in between worn and used instead of a slash.

I tried that and it won't let me because there are all ready (small) bids. Is there a special way to do that?

bravesfanjd
12-12-2014, 04:31 PM
You might want to cancel the auction and eat the cost of whatever fees they charge you once the item is bid on you can't change anything you can only add you info to description. I wouldn't normally recommend canceling auctions early as it does suck for bidders and buyers but you might have no choice but if you choose to do that the earlier the better

dplettn
12-12-2014, 11:19 PM
I did end up cancelling the listing which "game used" text searches weren't catching (161516397078) and relisted it as a 3-day auction so it will still end Monday as originally scheduled. If any members were among the bidders, please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience. The surviving listing with the title fix is 161519037978.

For others who ever encounter the same thing, I want to share what was an initially frustrating but ultimately positive service experience with eBay. They charged a fee north of $70 for the early end... but upon requesting a call from their service department and verifying what had been fixed and why they authorized a credit back.

I'm not very experienced with eBay so I really don't know if the cancellation/relist will work as a positive or negative for achieving best value. Its definitely been a learning experience already.