PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with these football helmets

Jeffredsfan
12-14-2014, 09:14 AM
A couple of months ago I picked up a couple of football helmets at a local antique mall. As soon as I picked them up I knew they weren't replicas. I have a Kansas City Chiefs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers helmet and a few questions.

Both helmets are in beautiful condition. All of the pads are present and to the best of my knowledge, original. Some of the pads have a date imprinted on them - 8/90 for the Buccs, 11/90 for the Chiefs. The face masks also have these dates on them. There are no player's numbers on the helmets, so I don't know if they were team issued or maybe reconditioned. There are no labels regarding reconditioning. Both helmets are a size L which is stamped into the helmet on the back. The Chiefs helmet has a size sticker 7 1/4 - 7 3/4 on the back as well as the warning label. The Bucc's helmet also have these stickers, however, the size label is faded too much to read and the warning sticker is very light. The face mask clips are all present and yellowed. The chin straps appear to be original and they display some use. The team logos on the helmet sides are heavy and thick.

OK guys, what do I have here?

bgakladd
12-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Both Riddell helmets look like 1990 VSR-1 "Pro Line" on field authentic helmets you could buy back in the day. Is there any VSR-1 stickers above the ear hole inside the helmets any where??

Jeffredsfan
12-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Both Riddell helmets look like 1990 VSR-1 "Pro Line" on field authentic helmets you could buy back in the day. Is there any VSR-1 stickers above the ear hole inside the helmets any where??

Yes there are. On both of them. So these are store bought? If so, what kind of value do they hold?

bgakladd
12-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Yes there are. On both of them. So these are store bought? If so, what kind of value do they hold?

Yes they are. Value would probably be $75-$125 with Tampa Bay selling higher than the Kansas City Chiefs in my opinion.

Jeffredsfan
12-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Thank you for all your help!