PDA

View Full Version : What is this? Japan Jersey from 1984

commando
12-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Hello Vintage Enthusiasts,

I'm a sucker for jerseys from the 1980s, so I picked this up... But what is it? Perhaps a baseball or soccer jersey? It was manufactured by Descente and has their tag in the inside tail. Interestingly, the factory tagging includes the uniform number "9" and the year "84," something I don't recall seeing from Descente before.

Everything is sewn on, to include the letters, numbers and Japanese flag.

If you happen to know what this is, I'd love to know! Many thanks -- Anthony

jtnatalierica
12-16-2014, 01:03 AM
Hello, this jersey looks like a womens softball olympic style that could have been used in country tournaments. I have a good friend who played 12 years in Japan's major league and he's given me 9 game uniforms and none compare with this style. Hope you get a more definitive answer

commando
12-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Hello, this jersey looks like a womens softball olympic style that could have been used in country tournaments. I have a good friend who played 12 years in Japan's major league and he's given me 9 game uniforms and none compare with this style. Hope you get a more definitive answer

That's great info, thanks. I have not found any images of a similar jersey anywhere on the web.... Not that the photos aren't out there somewhere, but I just haven't seen 'em!

Many thanks again -- Anthony

danesei@yahoo.com
12-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Just looking at the design of the shirt, my first guess was youth/teen soccer. My friend who went to HS/college in Japan had that same style of shirt for his soccer uniform.