Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soxbats
    • Dec 2005

Opinion on David Ortiz Bat

Looking for opinions on this Ortiz bat currently on ebay. Seller has it listed as a "game issued" bat but it lacks any of the dating and coding on the knob and I have not seen a "- S" game used model before.

DAVID ORTIZ GAME ISSUE UN USED BOSTON RED SOX MARUCCI BASEBALL BAT http://r.ebay.com/9GGyYC

Has anyone seen a game used Ortiz model with these stampings and model numbers before?
  • D.ORTIZ34
    • Feb 2012

Re: Opinion on David Ortiz Bat

That bat is a Store Model. I saw (3) Custom Cut III - S Ortiz bats in the Sox pro shop for $100 each. They are not game issued... The Lizard Skin grip was probably bought by the seller and wrapped on the bat themselves.

Comment

• soxbats
      • Dec 2005

Also selling Bogaerts, Cespedes and Pedroia.

Comment

• ndevlin
        • Mar 2008

"Dolphinboy" is a known scammer and has been caught doctoring bats. Please do a search on the name on here and you'll find several issues with this seller.

Comment

• emann
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ndevlin
          "Dolphinboy" is a known scammer and has been caught doctoring bats. Please do a search on the name on here and you'll find several issues with this seller.
          +1.

Comment

• emann
            • Nov 2008

On a side note: I'm not 100% certain when Marucci started selling these pro replica bats (or who they sell them to—team stores, player agents, anyone, etc), but I've seen a few since 2013 (Ortiz, Pedroia). Anybody have a guess?

Comment

Working...