PDA

View Full Version : Kruk Cards-Sportsmemorabilia.com

sportsnbikes
01-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know the relationship of these 2 companies? I suppose it's possible that sportsmemorabilia.com has some sort of search function that looks at all of the internet for items and then purchases them. It is not the first time I have seen an item on sportsmemorabilia.com and also the item on eBay or another site. Sportsmemorabilia.com is like a predator just waiting on an unsuspecting victim who knows no better. Very sad indeed.

Here is a snip I took of my screen as well as the links.

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/kansas-city-royals-game-used-base-w-metal-post.html?mr:trackingCode=644FF0D9-752D-E411-9C5F-BC305BF82376&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=66329271149&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=78875580029&gclid=CjwKEAiA5qOlBRDAn8K5qen65joSJADRvlbqMU02DufQ CXHReRfw-gIyXIBLQI5lfJVV06HLn5_46hoC8O7w_wcB

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kansas-City-Royals-Game-Used-Base-w-Metal-Post-/131386448582?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item1e973e1ac6

sportsnbikes
01-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Digging a little further and it looks like this is a common practice of this company. I don't think there is a relationship.

I frequently search eBay with the terms, Royals Game Used. I did the same at sportsmemorabilia.com and wow! There were a bunch of eBay items listed on their website. Most of it is even backed by the sportsmemorabilia.com Authenticity Guarantee...because apparently now they are expert authenticators.

Most of you probably already knew of this practice but WHAT THE HELL???? Not that I have anything for sale in terms of game used but I hope I see one of my items listed on their site if I list one.

This company is so unbelievably shady...I should list some items I don't even own or have in my possession and then see if anyone will buy them for an over inflated price.

ndevlin
01-04-2015, 12:36 PM
They aren't connected. I'm not sure exactly what that company does, but it seems like they list lots and lots of items for way more than what the owner is selling it for. Then, if someone is silly enough to buy from them instead, they get to keep the difference?

You know those Fanatics guys? Same people. Last year I received an email from Fanatics directing me to the sportsmemoribilia site saying I could get an additional 25% off anything on the site. I looked around and it was everything I've already soon before, Taube items from his website, stuff on eBay, etc, for waaaay more than what those guys were asking.

So my take is if they sell it, they keep the difference.

STLHAMMER32
01-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Searches are consolidated to one place...the sellers of the items get more exposure, the buyer finds the item they are looking for and the people hosting the site essentially get a commission. I have no problem with it personally but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

There is examples of mark-ups everywhere in the retail industry....People often know that they can get it cheaper yet choose to shop elsewhere out of comfort or convenience.

sportsnbikes
01-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Searches are consolidated to one place...the sellers of the items get more exposure, the buyer finds the item they are looking for and the people hosting the site essentially get a commission. I have no problem with it personally but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

There is examples of mark-ups everywhere in the retail industry....People often know that they can get it cheaper yet choose to shop elsewhere out of comfort or convenience.

But is the seller really getting exposure? Their name isn't listed on sportsmemorabilia website. Unless I am missing it.

I certainly respect your opinion. I just think it's bad business and would never do any business with them. I think it's a shady practice. They are operating under the presumption from someone unsuspecting that they have the item. They operate with a guarantee of authenticity as if they are authenticators or have seen the item signed. To people who know no better, i.e. someone looking for a gift for a collector, they would be getting ripped off, IMHO.

STLHAMMER32
01-04-2015, 03:26 PM
But is the seller really getting exposure? Their name isn't listed on sportsmemorabilia website. Unless I am missing it.

I certainly respect your opinion. I just think it's bad business and would never do any business with them. I think it's a shady practice. They are operating under the presumption from someone unsuspecting that they have the item. They operate with a guarantee of authenticity as if they are authenticators or have seen the item signed. To people who know no better, i.e. someone looking for a gift for a collector, they would be getting ripped off, IMHO.

By Exposure I meant that it provides another opportunity for the item to be seen. For instance if it is only available on Ebay than someone would have to see it there whereas with this site it provides a different avenue. I can understand your concern seeing things for the buyer's perspective.