PDA

View Full Version : Removing the "Practice stamp" on practice used baseballs

atomic912s
01-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Anyone know if anything like goo gone will work to remove those pesky "practice stamps" on practice baseballs????

Any advice appreciated!

danesei@yahoo.com
01-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Why would you want to remove that? It seems that adds to the authenticity of the item.

metsbats
01-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Why would you want to remove that? It seems that adds to the authenticity of the item.

You may want to reply to this thread and explain what's going on here too.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=63330

lengthwise1
01-13-2015, 09:01 PM
magic eraser works alright

atomic912s
01-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Thanks everyone I will give it a try!!!

Danesei the only reason I would like to remove them is because the teams stamp them right on the sweet spot of the baseball... For autograph purposes it is really annoying when they do that....

danesei@yahoo.com
01-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Thanks everyone I will give it a try!!!

Danesei the only reason I would like to remove them is because the teams stamp them right on the sweet spot of the baseball... For autograph purposes it is really annoying when they do that....

There are... six(?) panels on a baseball. If you "clean" that panel to get signed, the signature will likely bleed, as the chemical erasing the stamp will also interact with the mud, leather treatments, etc.

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the practice stamp on the ball and have a side panel signed or maybe use some of the other balls lying around?

atomic912s
01-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Yeah that is a good point, I have so many practice baseballs laying around I thought it would be worth a try! Appreciate the input though!!

Popinjaysnamesir
01-14-2015, 06:53 PM
I use practice balls I catch in BP for autographs too. I only collect personally and never sell, so I don't mind using balls with BP marks. I do prefer the look of the auto on the sweet spot.

I find a very fine grit fingernail file with long strokes works.