PDA

View Full Version : Removing name from Jersey

Abigballs
01-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Any tips on removing the name or number from a jersey? (I once tried to remove the stitching on a sweatshirt and it took me forever and put a hole in it).

I have a few game used jersies that have junk names and numbers. Guys that played only an inning or two or guys who were a bench coach. I want to wear the jersey to a game but don't want to look like I am some no name player's super fan. I just want to wear a high quality jersey that I obtained on the cheap.

otismalibu
01-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Just remove the name and leave the numbers. If it's on a nameplate it's pretty easy.

danesei@yahoo.com
01-15-2015, 02:52 PM
Any tips on removing the name or number from a jersey? (I once tried to remove the stitching on a sweatshirt and it took me forever and put a hole in it).

I have a few game used jersies that have junk names and numbers. Guys that played only an inning or two or guys who were a bench coach. I want to wear the jersey to a game but don't want to look like I am some no name player's super fan. I just want to wear a high quality jersey that I obtained on the cheap.

Even after removing the embellishments, the jersey will still show the stitch marks, so people would still know you got some random jersey. I would just wear it and not think about it. Who knows? Maybe you'll bump into a super fan who wants that specific jersey.

Abigballs
01-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Just remove the name and leave the numbers. If it's on a nameplate it's pretty easy.

Yea, I was thinking that too. However it's not a name plate each letter is stitched.

Abigballs
01-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Even after removing the embellishments, the jersey will still show the stitch marks, so people would still know you got some random jersey. I would just wear it and not think about it. Who knows? Maybe you'll bump into a super fan who wants that specific jersey.

Yea, I'm afraid they will still show stitch marks that's why I was looking for tips if anyone has successfully done it. I really don't think I'll ever display these jersies, and I'd rather not be wearing the scrub players. Just trying to get use out of them because they are really nice.

metsbats
01-15-2015, 04:01 PM
If the name is not currently on a plate you can put a plate over it with the desired name. I did this for one jersey I wanted my name on and it worked out pretty well.

Abigballs
01-21-2015, 05:27 PM
If the name is not currently on a plate you can put a plate over it with the desired name. I did this for one jersey I wanted my name on and it worked out pretty well.

That is a really good idea, especially if a common number or one with a current player.