PDA

View Full Version : Dating a Riddell Helmet - Cleveland Browns

mrozie21
01-17-2015, 04:48 PM
I'm looking for some help on this as I don't know how to determine the age. I bought it 15+ years ago and assume it's from the 1980's

bgakladd
01-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Presuming that the facemask is the original one, it will help determine the year. What are the 3 large letters on the left side inside the facemask? I see what looks like an F but can't see the other 2 letters. Another way is to find the date code inside the helmet itself, look for a small circle inside the crown area with a few numbers inside the circle. Your helmet looks like a Pac 3 and size looks like an extra large.

mrozie21
01-17-2015, 06:09 PM
Presuming that the facemask is the original one, it will help determine the year. What are the 3 large letters on the left side inside the facemask? I see what looks like an F but can't see the other 2 letters. Another way is to find the date code inside the helmet itself, look for a small circle inside the crown area with a few numbers inside the circle. Your helmet looks like a Pac 3 and size looks like an extra large.

The code is "A?F". The middle letter is scuffed but looks like an "R"

bgakladd
01-17-2015, 06:11 PM
The code is "A?F". The middle letter is scuffed but looks like an "R"

In order for it to be an 80's mask it would have to be the letter H. Is the last letter F?

bgakladd
01-17-2015, 06:12 PM
In order for it to be an 80's mask it would have to be the letter H. Is the last letter F?

Sorry...you did mention it ended in F.

mrozie21
01-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Sorry...you did mention it ended in F.

Do you know the approximate year then???