PDA

View Full Version : Gary Fencik jersey currently on ebay

wfl1974
01-22-2015, 10:22 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311256501006?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I was curious as to if there are other Bears jerseys like this one floating around. I really like the jersey, but am no expert regarding Wilson jerseys. Is this a rare jersey or a rather common type that may be found from time to time? I have one of these Bears jerseys (not a Fencik) that has a small blemish on the screen printing on one of the numbers. Are they indeed team issued or replicas? I cannot tell, but when I bought mine I didn't think it was team issued, now I'm not certain either way. Unfortunately my jersey has no tags. Any info is much appreciated.

Samets
01-22-2015, 11:20 AM
I spoke with the original owner when it was listed the first time and before it was bought outside of eBay by jerseys4thewin and it was a store bought model.

You should also do a search (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/search.php?searchid=1558717) on this seller...

As far as Wilson jerseys:

Bears jerseys by Wilson throughout the 80's and early 90's were made exactly like the jerseys the team wore on the field. They were identical right down to the tagging, cut, material, heavy vinyl heat-pressed numbers and letters. The name also is applied to the name plate and sewn on.

There are many of these Wilson jerseys floating around and the easiest way to tell the real deal from the store bought model is SIZE and honest use! Many people have a hard time fitting into size 44 and smaller jerseys so there are many out there that are 46 and larger. Many Bears players were larger sizes so it's a good idea to look at past catalogs and auctions to get an idea what each specific player wore. Bears have been frugal and carried jerseys from year to year. Most true gamers will exhibit multiple repairs.

Personally, I stay away from this seller.

wfl1974
01-22-2015, 11:47 AM
Many thanks for your insight and info. btw, I looked at your link for your Bears jerseys...very impressive collection. While I am not a die-hard Bears fan, I've always liked them, and my favorite player, Johnny Musso, played for them a few years back in the mid 70's. I really enjoy looking at jerseys from that era and Bears jerseys were then, and still are, an all-time classic look.

Samets
01-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the compliment.

I love talking Bears and game used!