PDA

View Full Version : Game Used at Sports Memorabilia Shows

Gopack1782
01-23-2015, 09:40 AM
Hey guys,

I mostly purchase my game used stuff via online. I was just curious if sports memorabilia shows like the National that takes place once a year has dealers there selling game used stuff. I'm wondering if i'm missing out on items that are out there but not made available online.

I definitely would appreciate any insight that anyone might have.

Gopack1782

TNTtoys
01-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Having attended several National shows, I can provide a little insight. Basically, if you go to one of these expecting to see a great deal of game used memorabilia, you will be sadly disappointed. These shows continue to be havens for the autograph and card collector, with a small smattering of game used vendors (most of which you will already know from dealing with them via mail, phone and internet). There is always the chance of finding that "hidden gem" but I have been seeing these scenarios less and less in recent years, as the size of the shows (# dealers, etc.) have decreased lots (probably for the same reasons above -- you can get most of this stuff on the internet from the same sellers anyway).

Samets
01-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Here's my experience:

Like you, I have been doing most of my pick-ups from people and business' that I found online. I attended my first show in November of 2014. It was the Fanatics Authentic Sports Collectibles Convention otherwise known as the Chicago Sun-Times Sports Collectibles Convention...

There was very limited supply of GU. There were a few jerseys here and there but it was mostly cards. I did see a few Blackhawks jerseys and one single Bears game used jersey that my buddy spotted. The way it was hung, I thought it was a signed retail jersey...

Gopack1782
01-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Thanks guys - very helpful - good to hear others perspectives on this